Swag

Ray

There is nothing quite as comfortable as a stolen teddy... (Stolen by Danni but obviously paid for by us, it was a church table top sale after all) πŸ™‚

It is nice sometimes to have a break from serious, sad or contentious topics... so here is my dog and her ill gotten gains πŸ™‚

PXL_20220919_171740917.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 6

A tale of my sisters two dogs that put a smile on my face. One was a corgi cross called Toby and the other a terrier cross called Jack, now Toby would follow me around like a best friend whilst Jack just did whatever he wanted.

So, on one visit from them I am in my room doing end of week paperwork with Toby sat on my lap and the door to the room is half shut, half open when Toby leaped off my lap and ran to door and slammed it shut in Jacks face who I only glimpsed as the door was closing and proceeded to sit down against the door to stop the "intruder" from entering.

Boy did I laugh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

My daughter used to have 2 cats, Pilchard a rather serious natured female and Benjamin a ginger bundle of mischief. One morning my daughter was in her study having just unpackedΒ  a newly arrived carton of stock.Β  Pilchard seeing the empty box, did what is typical of cats and promptly jumped in. Seeing her do so Benji immediately flipped the lid back on and sat on it to Pilchard's fury.Β  Apparently her efforts to dislodge him and get out were hilarious. I just wish I'd seen it.

Β 

Β 

Carole

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

When I first got together with Mrs FF I had a Black Labrador and she had 2 cats. One was a very pretty and dainty little thing and the other was of unknown age but definitely elderly and decidedly creaky in all his movements although he was a pretty large Tom Cat.

My Black Lab was also pretty large and had grown up in a household with another Black Cat so was used to cats co existing with her as the cat was older than the dog.

When I first came to stay with Mrs FF as we initially lived a long way apart and brought the dog with me I thought there would be no problems introducing them in her home.

NoΒ 

The very elderly cat reared up on its hind legs and chased the dog out of the back door and down the garden battering the bejezus out of the dog while still reared up on its hind legs.

The dog remained very wary of the cat in the unfortunately short period he was still with us.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Aha, I have caused confusion...Β  my work here is done πŸ˜‚

I was reminded of my childhood error when I read -Β 

2 hours ago, FlyingFortress said:

The very elderly cat reared up on its hind legs and chased the dog out of the back door and down the garden battering the bejezus out of the dog while still reared up on its hind legs

If reading that you have in mind cat = female, dog = male it all falls into place...  a bit, I hope 😁

12 minutes ago, Ray said:

Aha, I have caused confusion...Β  my

Β 

Β work here is done πŸ˜‚

I was reminded of my childhood error when I read -Β 

If reading that you have in mind cat = female, dog = male it all falls into place...  a bit, I hope 😁

πŸ€”

MmmmmΒ 

But

Nope 😳

Β 

Never mind. It was still amusing πŸ‘

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

My parents had glass patio doors installed and one summer afternoon at a BBQ as the evening wore on my Mum closed the door to stop bugs etc when my Brothers dog decided to bound from the top of the garden straight into the closed doors, she bounced right off them, staggered around for a little while but was okay. Never did it again Lol

I also managed it after a couple of glasses of wine but that's a whole different storyΒ :default_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We were looking after my daughter's elderly shia tsu. One afternoon she was in the saloon and suddenly decided to relocate up to the cockpit, hurtled up the stairs,rebounding off the closed glass door did a very agile mid air twist and landed back in the saloon neatly on her feet looking very confused.

Β 

Carole

• Haha 4