Cryptic towns and cities

Collectors

Ye Gods!

Wildlife

Transport

General knowlege

All are welcome to join at around 8.30 on Friday evening

https://www.nbnplus.co.uk/chat/

Enter your username so we know who we are speaking to,  but no password needed. 

All  being well, this evening's quiz will be brought to you from  a wet and  probably  windy  Fleet Dyke. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SteveO said:

All  being well, this evening's quiz will be brought to you from  a wet and  probably  windy  Fleet Dyke. 

Sorry not to have made it Steve. Even if I’d been on my own and could have joined in, the signal at cockshoot dyke where I’m moored is virtually non existent. 
Maybe we’ll pass each other over the weekend and put a face to a name after all this time spending Friday nights together!!!!!!

The signal at Horning wasn't much better, but just good enough for me to run the quiz from there. Mike was the winner by a margin of 1 point  over Bern in second place and NikO in 3rd.  Congratulations to Mike, who will be QM next week.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

NikO won on Friday so will be this weeks QM. Her topics are:

Cryptic places

Animal kingdom

That's capital

Half time break

Kings and queens

Food and drink

General knowlege

As usual we will kick off around 8.30pm and all are welcome to join. 

https://www.nbnplus.co.uk/chat/ Enter your forum username at the prompt but no password is required.

• Like 1

I promise to do my best ——(to do my duty to god, to help other people and to keep the brownie law, or some other wording we had to recite when I became a brownie, age?)

——- to be there on Friday night after too long an absence. 

Good to wave to you on the river the other day Steve, face to name and all that. I think I might have missed you off my ‘Springer’s Retreat’ write-up. Comes from having too many guests on board, I end up not knowing whether I’m here or there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi to all,

I shall be hosting the quiz this evening, usual time (8.30), usual place ( https://www.nbnplus.co.uk/chat/ ) and at least 36 points up for grabs with maybe the odd bonus thrown in if too easy. Free clues too if necessary so no questions will go to waste.

Six rounds, order and topics as below:

1. Moths or butterflies

2. Abroad

3. By the seaside

Interval (recharge your wine glass or visit the Guinness stand perhaps if at the Beccles ‘Boat Show?)

4. The movies

5. Politic’s

6. More peers

And it’s good luck!

The winner was.... Bern with a whopping 18 points followed by Tigerhawk and Kate and tied on points for the remaining contenders.

By sheer coincidence two of the answers to the movie rounds were screened back to back on one of the freeview channels Saturday evening, Perfect Storm and Running Man.

There is no quiz this Friday but it will be back on September 1st, usual time and place!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Turnoar said:

Bern with a whopping 18 points followed by Tigerhawk and Kate

Not me! I think I was bottom. Jean I think.

Thanks for hosting. The round on the little known Broads was really informative. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I will be hosting tomorrow nights quiz, and I have really struggled to come up with topics. 

Sooo ...... I have decided to do two halves each with 20 questions all about random stuff (general knowledge).

There will be a break for glasses to be recharged and raised in honour of our missing friend and fellow quizzer Mike who so sadly lost his fight yesterday.

Quiz will start about 8.30 in the chat room https://www.nbnplus.co.uk/chat/ no user name needed.

Hope to see you then. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Bern said:

There will be a break for glasses to be recharged and raised in honour of our missing friend and fellow quizzer Mike who so sadly lost his fight yesterday.

That will be a very fitting tribute, albeit very sad too

I shall do my utmost to be at the quiz this week to honour "our missing friend and fellow quizzer", and of course a top Quizmaster

"To Mike ... :default_beerchug: "

• Like 1