Friday Quiz 2023

unclemike

I’ve been intending to join the quiz for ages. Unfortunately, I prevaricated for too long and have now effectively ruled myself out of the quiz by rejoining the band I used to play with in pre-Covid times. Sorry! (Not sorry for rejoining the band though…really enjoying playing again.)

2 hours ago, SwanR said:

Oh Helen, that’s a shame. But if you get any Fridays when you’re not at the band please do give it a try. You would always be welcome. 

1 hour ago, kpnut said:

You beat me to it, Jean!

Thanks for the tempting invite. Band practise is relentless though. They hardly ever take any time off. In the past I’ve even been to rehearsal Easter Friday. They break for Christmas week, and that’s just about it.

B band (the ‘training’ band I play in) is looking depleted though. A lot of kids who had been in the C and D bands never came back after Covid.
:default_wacko:

• Sad 2

Well this is a good way in advance but if I don't post it now I'll probably forget. :default_eusa_dance:

Rounds for next Friday's quiz will be

• How Many?
  • Trees
  • TV Characters
  • When Did It Happen?
  • It's Autumn
  • Who Am I?

Hope to see as many Friday Friends as possible in the new chatroom - http://www.nbnchat.com/chat

Eyes down look in around 8.35pm.

• Like 2

Thank you to all the Friday Friends for playing my quiz this evening. I hadn't had the pleasure of hosting for a while and it was a lot of fun.

The scores were close as well so everyone did brilliantly. 

Kate was 3rd with 9 points

Tigerhawk was 2nd with 10 points

And our very worthy winner was Arthur with 11 points.

10 hours ago, Arthur said:

Doubt if i will know many of the answers but is good to meet with friends on a Friday evening.

What can I say ... well done Arthur :default_trophy:

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Good fun again last night with a nice turnout of quizers.

Very close toward the end and we ended up with a three way tie break to decide the winner.

This was Turnour who will be in the chair next Friday.

Thanks to all who took part.

• Like 4

I am glad everyone enjoyed themselves.

Questions that i thought would puzzle people seemed to get answers rather easily whilst a couple i thought were easy resulted in confusing everybody.

At least i spared you my usual subjects of Trains, Scouts and Arthur Ransome.

Still it is all just good fun.

I did not expect to score anything with jeans subjects last week but somehow i managed to win,

A year or two back i did the quiz and asked a whole round of questions all in welsh.

To my amazement all of the questions found answers..

Would be nice to see a few more people join in on a Friday night.   We are all a friendly bunch and it is a nice social chat with the quiz as well.

No Prizes.

All that happens is the winner has the opportunity of setting the next quiz.

This is not compulsary though as if you dont want to do it there will always be volunteers to hand it to.

Hope to be able to take part in Turnours quiz next Friday.

http://www.nbnchat.com/chat

Remember this is not just for the quiz.

The chatroom is open to all for chatting and is available  to use at any time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Arthur and hope to see you Friday!

As participants will recall I was slightly late to the party and true to form may be ten minutes late this week notwithstanding hosting so please enjoy a mardle in the lounge pending my arrival.

As previous survivors of my scripts will attest I cook up all my questions from scratch so I promise everyone will learn something and recognising that forumites turn up from southern England to the north and east Anglia to wales I am broadening my horizons. There are even free clues if required in case everyone is stumped!

As per usual the subjects will be revealed nearer the time and once I’ve completed my scribe.

And it’s good luck folks and be nice to see you, to see you nice!

• Like 2

As promised advance notice of the subjects for tonight's quiz rounds:

1. name that tune

2. marketing

3. the cars became king

Interval

4. ferries

5. a bridge too far

6. plants in or around water

Place - http://www.nbnchat.com/chat - take your wellies off before entering please and hang your oilies up outside. No password required, just enter your preferred handle.

Punters get as many attempts at the answers as they like until somebody gets it right! Typos tolerated along with the usual banter.

As per previous I will be on the podium at 8.30 Norfolk time, so 10 mins or so late, but no fear I'll be there! There'll be two points available for each question in the first round to build momentum and the odd bonus point here and there to boot.

Eyes up!

Good time had by all, some quick keying and the occasional guess coming up trumps. And some excursions to Wales, midland motor manufacturers and possibly all the bridges of the navigable Wensum which happened to be the wrong river for that question lol

1st Arthur on 18 pts.

2nd Kate on 12, 3rd Liz G 9.5

See you next week!

• Like 3