Good Food & Drinks

Andrewcook

Where can I start? The Whitehorse  Neatishead. Some beers brewed on the premises. Plus good food.The Lion Thurne. Beer brewed  at Whitehorse,available  at the Lion.Good food.Good choice at Wroxham.The Falgate  and Bridgestones Potter.Lots of good pubs Norwich (over 300 hundred).good selection  of food.English,Indian,Chinese,Middle Eastern European. You name it they will have it.The Whitehorse  Chegrave. Perhaps one of our favourite pubs on the broads. Good food drink  and a great  Owener and Landlord. 

• Like 4

My son, who is going to join us on Moonlight Shadow for our second week (and then on Kate's boat for the NBN meet) messaged me yesterday to ask if we've been to The White Horse Upton yet. Obviously he's hoping we haven't, as that's our top choice. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I agree, the Lion at Thurne and White Horse at Neatishead are great for an excellent choice of beers. Food and service is good as well, particularly the White Horse.

The Rising Sun at Coltishall was much improved last year and is my favourite outdoor setting to eat.

The Old Mill in Hoveton is one of the best for breakfast and lunch.

Breakfast at the Granary, Ranworth is worth a try.

Food at the Rushcutters at Thorpe St Andrew is consistently good.

Lastly from me, give the Wayford Bridge Hotel a try, very good food.

• Like 1

I have never had a bad meal or experience at The Bridge Inn, Acle.

Although the pubs in Horning get a bad rap sometimes for normal pub grub you can't go wrong.

Wayford Bridge Hotel one of my favourites, we had a Sunday Roast to die for and definitely home and freshly cooked

The rising Sun at Coltishall is also a favourite and what a location

The Bridge cafe in good old Potter never fails to deliver either. Oh lordy those cakes :default_biggrin: x

• Like 2

4 hours ago, YnysMon said:

My son, who is going to join us on Moonlight Shadow for our second week (and then on Kate's boat for the NBN meet) messaged me yesterday to ask if we've been to The White Horse Upton yet. Obviously he's hoping we haven't, as that's our top choice. 

The White Horse is also serving breakfast from 9-11.30 Saturday & Sunday until the end of September. 😃

• Like 2

My daughter and son-in-law stayed at the Wroxham Hotel for a few days last August and we took a temporary mooring at Barnes while they were there. We elected to eat at the hotel  the first night for the convenience as much as anything. The food was so excellent and the waiters such great fun and so thoroughly entertaining we  made it our regular for their whole stay.

Carole

• Like 1

1 hour ago, addicted said:

My daughter and son-in-law stayed at the Wroxham Hotel for a few days last August and we took a temporary mooring at Barnes while they were there. We elected to eat at the hotel  the first night for the convenience as much as anything. The food was so excellent and the waiters such great fun and so thoroughly entertaining we  made it our regular for their whole stay.

Carole

Totally agree, weve been going in there for so long that Wendy the owner now recognises us.Great food and weather permitting sitting on the terrace watching the world go by takes some beating.

• Like 1