What Is Going On At Loddon?

Smoggy

Gotta admit not tried at the staithe as moored at pyes Mill, the path across the field to the back of the King's head is open again though.

Did have good signal inside the swan and white horse though (wifi turned off) which I've never had before.

Phone signal in Loddon has been a bit hit and miss for years, good to see that progress is being made. Plans are also afoot to introduce an alcohol ban at the Staithe with the intention to eliminate antisocial behaviour. I am not sure if the alcohol ban will apply to those of us who enjoy a glass or three on our boats whilst moored there. 

Just now, socrates said:

Phone signal in Loddon has been a bit hit and miss for years, good to see that progress is being made. Plans are also afoot to introduce an alcohol ban at the Staithe with the intention to eliminate antisocial behaviour. I am not sure if the alcohol ban will apply to those of us who enjoy a glass or three on our boats whilst moored there. 

Hope not! That would make it an unpopular mooring!

If on your boat you wouldn't be in a public area so ban wouldn't count.

I think the idea is that they'll only enforce it if you are being a nuisance to others but it gives the powers, not that there will be anyone there to enforce it.

• Like 2

Loddon shower lovely as ever, £2.50 a go but so worth it, now a card reader on the door so no need for tokens from the shop.

Don't touch the button inside till you're ready as the timer starts but 10 minutes is a good long shower, the loos are also on a card reader but I believe they are just a free authorisation,  at least it stops the vandalism. 

I've noticed people will stand closer to me now.... 

And the Angel has Albion stout.... :default_beerchug::default_beerchug::default_biggrin:

Have to admit to a very pleasant sociable night in the angel, well past 11pm getting the last pint so that's good with me, not open every weekday night but recommended, check online for times.

There's a baby grand piano in the back room and it got played quite a bit very nicely, not organised just random customers that could.

• 2 weeks later...