Lionesses 2023

As someone that really couldn't give a flying fig (I think that's the word) about football I have to say a big well done to the girls and genuinely hope they go on to take the trophy home. :default_trophy:

As for the mens world cup, I have paint drying to watch......

• Like 1

Well done to the girls, they have been brilliant, we may well be bringing it home :default_trophy:

No rolling about in agony like they are on their last legs only to get up and carry on five minutes later, no spitting and not too many temper tantrums either.......take note boys :default_biggrin: x

• Like 1
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, Troyboy said:

The men's game has really lost the plot. Its quite refreshing watching the ladies team playing the game as it should be played. Except for the silly girl who got sent off for standing on the opponents back. Hopefully they can beat Spain in the final. 

From Google stats England v Spain.

The Soccer Teams England Women and Spain Women played 10 Games since 2007. Among them, England Women won 5 games (Total Goals 14, PPG 1.4), Spain Women won 2 (Total Goals 10, PPG 1.0), and drew 3

I know some of you hate footie and would rather watch paint dry but I will be at my parents to watch it, I have had football drummed into me since I was little. I enjoy a good game and feel very proud the girls have reached the final

Good luck and all the best to them and their brilliant manager Sarina. Even if they lose, they reached a World Cup Final, they should be proud of that 

:default_trophy: x

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Gracie said:

I know some of you hate footie and would rather watch paint dry but I will be at my parents to watch it, I have had football drummed into me since I was little. I enjoy a good game and feel very proud the girls have reached the final

Good luck and all the best to them and their brilliant manager Sarina. Even if they lose, they reached a World Cup Final, they should be proud of that 

:default_trophy: x

I'm one of the rare breed of men that hates football with a passion! I suppose being born and raised in Rugby Warwickshire didn't help as I was brought up to play with that funny shaped inflated piece of leather which I contnued to do so during my army career. However I have nothing but admiration for the Lionesses and hope they can achieve what the men rarely seem to do. My personal opinion is that the men's professional football overall is now nothing more than a great big money earner for companies and players alike. I also agree 100% with Smoggy's post above :default_gbxhmm:

Chris

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, CeePee1952 said:

I'm one of the rare breed of men that hates football with a passion! I suppose being born and raised in Rugby Warwickshire didn't help as I was brought up to play with that funny shaped inflated piece of leather which I contnued to do so during my army career. However I have nothing but admiration for the Lionesses and hope they can achieve what the men rarely seem to do. My personal opinion is that the men's professional football overall is now nothing more than a great big money earner for companies and players alike. I also agree 100% with Smoggy's post above :default_gbxhmm:

Chris

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but agree with you entirely. I just think we should feel proud at what the girls have achieved so far and what a brilliant bunch they are. There was a time when girls were not allowed to play football and now it's on screens all over the world and if they bring it home what a ruddy brilliant achievement to be Euro champions and world cup champions too

Now the rugby thing I don't get or golf come to that although I have often thought about taking it up when I fail miserably at fishing :default_biggrin: x

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I never watched it but the score suggests that whatever the reason, it was a close result. At that level it's about fine margins as they say, and that's as it should be. It will be a motivation for the next World Cup.

Weird though: We didn't know the result so at 1pm we put independant "Global" radio news on, not a mention of the World Cup at all. They did say something about the World Athletics championships though???