Broads Authority Mooring Fees

MauriceMynah

5 hours ago, Hylander said:

Tampering with electric can prove fatal.       Is this person a qualified electrician by chance.

Very true but I'm sure there's plenty of us here that will deal with mains leccy but not qualified sparks, not on public posts though that's just wrong and stupid. 

I assume the grinder to the box reference was meaning a padlock just to turn a breaker back on but still a bad thing if you don't know the full reason for it being turned off.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, NeilB said:

The electric posts at Sutton Staithe have been uncovered, no one was plugged in….

That’s good news. We are back on the Broads in a fortnight’s time and will confined to the northern broads (tides, and I don’t fancy night navving across Breydon). We’ve not moored overnight at Sutton Staithe before, so that would be a good ‘first’. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

That’s good news. We are back on the Broads in a fortnight’s time and will confined to the northern broads (tides, and I don’t fancy night navving across Breydon). We’ve not moored overnight at Sutton Staithe before, so that would be a good ‘first’. 

Hi Helen.  We moored there a lot when we had Shadow.  A nice mooring.  Dog had fun, but was a bit muddy at the time.  

Just now, SueH said:

Hi Helen.  We moored there a lot when we had Shadow.  A nice mooring.  Dog had fun, but was a bit muddy at the time.  

We moored there once last winter to get water. A muddy patch sloping down to the water’s edge was a bit worrying, but I guess if you take care…?

Might be a school party moored up so the Swan was probably quiet!  I've encountered one on several occasions during the half term week.  There is also sailing cruiser down  river today as well - briefing at the New Inn but probably starting further down?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LizG said:

There is also sailing cruiser down  river today as well - briefing at the New Inn but probably starting further down?

The race will start at Woods Dyke, go on down the Bure past Thurne Mouth if weather permits and will then finish on the Thurne at Coldharbour Farm.  Prize giving will be later on Womack Staithe, so there may be a fleet of classic boats to see there, later this evening.

Wish I could be there!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1