It's Definate, C Is Officially On The Agenda

addicted

There's no avoiding the C. word now it's official! the Christmas decorations committee were out and about in our high street with their trusty cherry picker on Sunday morning. Our town is renowned around the Fens for the spectactular show of decorations around the town centre each Christmas. They are switched on on the last Saturday in November when the high street is closed to traffic from noon and  and then a superb funfair is  rapidly assembled that goes on till very late in the evening. Once you see the lights going up you know  Chrisrmas is just around the corner, Sorry to drag all you bah humbug people out of your denial but there it is!

Carole

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Gracie said:

They can deny no more. They can be Scrooges and say bah humbug all the day long but it's official ( I know because Carole said) Christmas is on it's way. Yes I said the C word, I said Christmas Christmas Christmas, so there :default_biggrin: :default_xmas6: x

Bah Humbug :default_rofl:That's another of my long lived years about to be passed :default_biggrin:

Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, addicted said:

Our town is renowned around the Fens for the spectactular show of decorations around the town centre each Christmas.

Curious to know where that is. Chatteris seems to have had some of the best decorations in recent years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gracie said:

They can deny no more. They can be Scrooges and say bah humbug all the day long but it's official ( I know because Carole said) Christmas is on it's way. Yes I said the C word, I said Christmas Christmas Christmas, so there :default_biggrin: :default_xmas6: x

Sorry Gracie.  It’s still October and I don’t care if the lights are up in every ruddy town in the country, it’s still more than two months to 25th December, so forgive me, but I will give no thought to the Yo-Ho-Ho until December arrives.

In the meantime, I shall consider any mention of the C word as abusive language! 😉😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

It’s a bit too early in my book too, though I’m sure that when I get back to brass band rehearsals after a few weeks away we’ll be rehearsing the Christmas music. Same with the choir. We’ve had a fortnight’s break from the choir after a concert, and all our rehearsals from next week will be for our Christmas Carol concert.

:default_xmas4:

• Like 2