Toilets, The Good, The Bad And The Smelly.

Let's talk about loos.

The Sheerline 740 has a manual flush fed with river water. It won't be used much so I am wondering if smell might become an issue with stagnant river water.

How easy will it be to feed it from the fresh water tank, using a non return valve. The inlet pipe is around an inch. Will the pumped supply make up for the smaller diameter of the fresh water.

I have a litre bottle which has a 5% mix of water (95%) to 5% loo blue.

When leaving the loo with its river water in, I pour about a pub spirit measure of this diluted blue in.

It's just enough to stop smells, but not so strong as to rot seals. I've been doing this for 3 years now with no probs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MauriceMynah said:

When leaving the loo with its river water in, I pour about a pub spirit measure of this diluted blue in

Why do all your liquid measurements relate to alcohol? 🤔😄

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Karizma said:

I get the impression the typical 'Blue stuff' just tries to make things smell nice, where as this stuff apparently breaks down all the 'solids'?

I've met the bloke who developed and marketed "Muck Munchers" in my previous role. Their products for domestic septic tanks break down solids and extend the interval between empties. I've often wondered how it'd work if added to a boat black tank. I suspect it might be a good thing to add to the tank over winter if nothing else.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Karizma said:

What a great topic !

Anybody ever tried using this stuff before?

Black Tank Water Treatment

I get the impression the typical 'Blue stuff' just tries to make things smell nice, where as this stuff apparently breaks down all the 'solids'?

Not cheap! I just use the shower head to flush, simple and you control how much water you use.

Fred

• Like 2