Brooms are back in the hire game

thirdmate

It`s nothing new, they`ve been on the Hoseason`s website for a couple of months now. All very nice, but their boats are limited in berthage, which will hopefully mean they`re looking for couples, or small parties, which in turn means NO stag or hen parties. So everybody south side can relax ;);) .

Regards to all................. Neil.

Good to see them back and they are quite a tempting offering, I may have to give them a try one time.

I am not too sure I like the look of the larger, sedan model with its rear overhang so look forward to seeing it in the flesh as this probably the one I would naturally be drawn to.

It is good that they are building new 2-4 berths including at the smaller size of the market as most of the new hireboats are quite large and therefore expensive to be a serious contender for just two people, or to me anyway cheersbar

Dan

I think £770 for a week in October on a 2 berth boat is pretty expensive.

Is this half term?

£650 most of May.

It is good to see continued investment in new stock, just the type of boat that will attract D.I.N.K.Y's who perhaps have never considered a Broads holiday and potentially could become long term hirers of tomorrow.

There are boats to hire on the Broads to suit all budgets but clearly a new boat has a high level of depreciation built in which will reduce as the years go on. If you look at the range that Richardson's offer this can be seen across the range, something for all budgets and with a number of recently launched new craft and some in current build.

Broads hire companies are businesses and have to make a profit to ensure they are around tomorrow, and have capital to reinvest in new stock, if this is too expensive for your budget look elsewhere.

£650 most of May.

Not when you add in all the extras it isn't - e.g. a week from 04/05/2013 - at first sight £655 but actual cost with fuel deposit, insurance and damage waiver is £826. OK, you may get some of the fuel deposit back, although the way prices are going it probably wouldn't be much.

Like many I think they are aiming at luxury/couples/ market which is very buoyant at the moment as many are now staying in the uk for holidays as uk now offers better values for money if the quality is there, brooms know the market and will reap the benefits ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Not when you add in all the extras it isn't - e.g. a week from 04/05/2013 - at first sight £655 but actual cost with fuel deposit, insurance and damage waiver is £826. OK, you may get some of the fuel deposit back, although the way prices are going it probably wouldn't be much.

Hi Kadensa,

To give you a comparison I have just booked today via Hoseasons for the same week (4th May-10th May 2013) a six berth narrow boat (one couple using the dinet as a berth) on the Clyde & Union Canals from Falkirk at £1705 (including all the extras).

Regards

Alan

Hi Kadensa,

To give you a comparison I have just booked today via Hoseasons for the same week (4th May-10th May 2013) a six berth narrow boat (one couple using the dinet as a berth) on the Clyde & Union Canals from Falkirk at £1705 (including all the extras).

Regards

Alan

Ouch! We spent 10 days on the Caledonian with Caley cruisers and that was pretty expensive, too.

I suppose it's a matter of personal preference, really. I prefer to choose a cheaper boat - a) because that way I get more holidays per year and B) so that I don't spend all my time worrying whenever someone or something comes too close (the something being one of a group of normal inanimate objects e.g. posts, quay headings and the like, which on the Norfolk Broads seem to have been imbued with a death wish, so quickly do they jump out in front of the unsuspecting helmsman).

Hi kadensa,

We also looked at Caley, Le Boat on the Caledonian and they are both expensive with Le Boat being the most expensive both arms and several legs, again our problem being the 3 double berths that we require.

Our last time on the Caledonian was around 35 years ago, hours of traveling and only partial cruising because the locks at Lagan had collapsed.

I do not blame you for looking for a good deal, if you can get more holidays on any waterway all the better.

It is great to know that we always have our two weeks on the Norfolk Broads.

Regards

Alan

• 2 months later...