a boot yard tale or two..........

650xs

:shocked  A shiver went down my back when I saw the 'photo-good job we have taken the boat out of the water this winter, I really think I am too old now for winter cruising!  Roll on the Spring-We can't wait.  Alan and Eve  :wave

• Like 1

well blast me again another boot turn up today for lift out

better fill in the rud holes and put them in the rud I suppose

phun a bit busier today and got to travel to another place to fix a boot or two ...

woodie in shed for quick repair going good

paint work on a 27 plastic all dun just need harden and polish to make good and shiney too

move a narrow boat tomo and little 26 footer to able to get the king out for launch ....

some numptie put a bunch orf boots in front of shed ..silly me ....

shed still abit tidier at mo and make room for some more engines ......

I,m still fighting the man flu and managed to semi smile today

I expect to see one or two customers tomorrow too......

now lets see what the inside or the nearest alcoholic beverage strongest bottle looks like ..........sleep well I will..!!!!!

up on it this morn just quick look st the battered beach...

befor long tiesom travel to work on those heavey mud laden ruds with the huge tractors to dodge and weaving in and out of pheasants.............!!!!!

look out theres a car .........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. "orf my rud " """""""

post-24077-0-16424100-1387009271_thumb.j

ohh dear a little bit orf a broom motor cruiser on the floor

not mutch use to mix with some ole glue even to poke back in a hole either ......!!!!!

and rest of the bits fit for the bin not aloud to burn and need it out orf my land as not to cross contaminate the other selection of woodies ere

with a bit orf luck king out and in water and queen up and closer to shud to clean her befor she go in shud ......if not on Monday ....

post-24077-0-14707300-1387009395_thumb.j

post-24077-0-64326000-1387009495_thumb.j

ahhh chip boards bulkheads my fav .....

can,t move at mo due to heavey ingress of large cod o chips a wally and an big ole pickle onioin...toooo

just to confirm some comments made earlier today .....

I,m a fat ole bugger ......

• Like 4

well at last we have lifted the ole queen into slip way ready for  her new journey to be reborn along a long list of classics ....................

anding

she was  every move lifted with care with " mr b" in close contact with  every inch of the delicate move from her long stay on  hard standing to the slipway and quick clean orf the old moss and green stuff befor into shed 

come on" al" get on with it ...........................

quick meet with an old friend to see about a long ole classic looking bfor new hum 

meet and old friend from the summer with his good wishes from far flung enfileld in the south port near the smoke stuff  adna card withgood wishes and a new king to proper for new yaer 2014.........

• Like 1

As cold as it is, I read your ramblings,, Oooops, sorry Blog! and I just want to venture to Norfolk and the Marina to get an Christmas taste of the whole boating life to tide me over for a few weeks. :) .

i enjoy your updates John and I'm sure others do even though  more comments are not made.

Might come up this weekend with Gazza to have a moooooch around  :party:

Might even join you in a fish lunch too, no wally or onion for me though,,,,  :P

• Like 2

rite got the ole girl in at last and drying out too she is nicely, but with showing more of her hidden issues too...

decks bad, bottom not bad.....needs a wipe I reckon ...!!!!

cooker dirty too.....

inside is a gem with few mod cons too....

now she is settled down on the ground to aid works on deck and cabin sides etc

got to look after me ole mate " al" the most senior boat builder

spent most of day taken rubbish out or her draws and hidden cuboards......

lots of secret hiddy holes in her

I will start her own blog etc if that not take too much time up and screen space on here etc

gently does it a bit tight in here turn sharp and a little push and shuvv....

bad driver error I reckon I need some more lessons ......

yard quite today ............

couple of brave souls lookin for a needle in a haystack and can I just ,have yer got do yer know etc ....post-24077-0-17147900-1387383933_thumb.jpost-24077-0-54710700-1387383977_thumb.j

more wood work this week with new floors being made for posh ole boots

alittle teak and holley goes along way ...............

well done matt a superb job done of coarse

mow get them ole planks in that broom captian in my shed ,so I can get her out and put a plastic or two in

lots to paint and strip for new 2014 season

post-24077-0-72428600-1387387198_thumb.j

post-24077-0-19293200-1387387237_thumb.j

teak and holey or equive is made far from ere and cost a plenty .....

sheet will set uer back around £280.00 ish

then yer got to back it on to something as comes on a thin sheet

we resin ours or use a special water base laquer super tough too it is

some wood suppliers sell one sheet we but in multi so get good money orf

try robbins timber for large Bristol

local source try tim Collin wroxham

or have some like a quality laminate manufacture make yer some

if yer cleaver and got time make yer own with wood or fillers its been dun and look ok too......

have fun ......

don't forget to trim edge with some thing and make a way of lifting the floor tooo.....?????

now do a 40 footer and see how much.....????

yer can get plastic laminate tooo

hope that helps ..........???

Thanks John, I had forgotten about Collins in Wroxham. I did floor a small area in my last boat using Karndean vinyl flooring, which looked very nice when finished, but if have a bigger area to do this time including engine hatches, so I don't think the Karndean will be suitable.

post-95-0-35453200-1387548645_thumb.jpg

post-95-0-06985000-1387548588_thumb.jpg

Jill! my brother John was the manager at Wayford back then, and that was about the time I bought my first boat from him, a little Shetland called Tyke,  I spent a couple of months doing it up and sold it back to Mike for £500 more than I paid him for it, I think I was the only person to ever do that! :party: I spent half my life in the caravan with Mike and Janet, and if I wasn't there I was in Peter Cuttings shed getting advice, or in with Brian Greenwood drinking tea, I even lived on my boat in the Marina for a while when the wife and me split up, and worked at Trend Marine, Have some real fond memories of that place like our BBQ's and party's, It was a sad day when Mike got killed it was never the same after that, we all missed Mike strutting around like Arthur Daily puffing on his pipe, he used to make me laugh because when you talked to him about money he used to puff faster on his pipe,,,

Frank,,,

By the way Jill that picture must have been the tidy part of the yard, it was much worse than that every where else,,,

Jill! just as an add on the Blue boat on the right was originally called Broadsventure4 and was one of Richo's boats, I belonged to my friend Colin at the time of the photo, If I remember correctly it was called Prince or Princess when he bought it , I only know that because we had an old brochure in Mikes office with my Seamaster 25 Blue Mist and Colins boat in it,

hi frank

yes she was t188 ramble on at the time of this picture

she was moored on the Wensum and cruised down to wayford marina

and as you say she started life as richardsons broadlsventure 4

post-34-0-38750800-1387592491_thumb.jpg post-34-0-14924900-1387592534_thumb.jpg

perhaps I will make a thread of old boat pictures one day rather than cluttering jons thread

• Like 3

nice pics and info ......

i think the yard is alittle more busy now and still as packed with old boots aswell as modern stuff too

still have bbqs.waffle alot and advice is free tooo.........................

sadly janet passed  a few years back too....................

come and see we are fulll to the brim ................................

• Like 2