Getting Organised for the Season

SueH

Hi

I expect on such a lovely day a number of you lucky people who live close are on the water now 'fettling'.  Very relaxing it is too. 

Alan - was Breeze ok when you were on her on Friday?  With the strong winds recently I was concerned that both her and MS would have been bashed around a bit on their moorings.  MS particularly is prone to this being effectively right on the river.

SueH

I use my boat all year round, though we only use it for days out in the Winter, Summer we only go home for the odd days to do washing and stuff, I keep the boat ready to go at all times, if the Sun pops it's head out! off to the boat we go, I'm lucky in that I live in Lowestoft, so it only takes me half hour to get to the boat, and if the weather changes for the worse back home we go, I don't have the worry of winterising because the boat is always being used,,

Frank,,,,

Cooweee and g'day,

Sue I was on MS in October when it was windy and there was a high rise and fall with tide the Broom staff just loose moor the boats and there were no problems, other than have to pull the mooring rope to get stern closer to mooring to get on and off. I realise that the winds now are stronger than they were then.  We'll have make sure that Matt doesn't swop Thunder around with MS he sort of desires our mooring. :P

Dave, hope we get to see Andorra next year sometime, in all her new finery.

Hi Sue,

Friday evening was somewhat rough at Wroxham and we heard the wind for most of the night in the Hotel Wroxham.

Saturday we spent most of the day removing our upper control panels and putting in a new radio after wrapping the panels.

Jonzo & Mark came down to the boat to introduce themselves, so I can put faces to names.

It was good to meet you both, I am sorry that I had to press on with the work.

Back to Wroxham for the night but more importantly to get into Roy's before closing to stock up on items for the boat.

Sunday was a great day, if we only had time to go on the river, not much wind and was ideal, but I had to fit a replacement aft cabin escape hatch, the old one had gone crazed on the window. Tan was sorting and cleaning throughout the boat. I cleaned outside and on the upper helm and by a little after 4.30 we left for home we had a good journey and managed to get home in 3 hours.

We are now set for the new season, sadly I have to wait until July for my first week aboard.

Regards

Alan

:shocked  So now I am getting worried!  You are all talking about getting your

boats back in the water and we hav'nt even started on 'My Panache'

yet!  Its a round trip of nearly 400 miles for us so hoping for a couple

of good weekends to get the jobs done and get her back in the water.

Regards Alan.  :wave

Have to say I feel sorry for all those that lives miles away, it was bad enough when we lived in London and that was only around 250miles round trip,  driving to Norfolk nearly every weekend for nearly four years was a killer, I totally re-furbished the boat and spent a small fortune doing it, luckily I was in a really well paying job and as I had a firms van I used to use that and get my fuel free, my son in law drives up from London whenever he gets a chance to work on his boat, but even in his Transit it cost him £60 a round trip, I'm going back to the early 80's when I used to drive up, back when fuel was quite cheap, but I reckon that if I had to pay for all the fuel I used, it probably cost me more in fuel than the boat was worth,,

Frank,,,, 

We're not putting Friday Girl back into the water until the first week in April; so there's a fair bit of time yet for the hull polishing bit. I've still to decide if it's worth buying a polishing machine as I can usually do it in a day by hand.....

Hopefully I'll be able to get a mate to give me some help this year (for a beer or three!).

• Like 1

Hi Hocham Admiral.  Likewise, we (my son!) needs to polish My Panache before she goes back in.  Have looked and tried various fibreglass polishes in the past years.

Got any recomendations?  Regards Alan :wave

Yes, Alan, there's one out there where you don't have to wash the boat down first...... but can I remember its name? And I've got a gallon onboard!

Mark Bird, please help me out!

Alan - just a matter of interest - do you have the Wards opening hours.  The last few times we have been up there they appear to have been closed.

It looks like an Aladdins cave of lots of lovely goodies to look at!

SueH

I can't make up my mind if I'm ready for the start of the season or not, I was going to have my boat out for a repaint mid march but I'm not sure now because of the way the weather has been, I'm converting the back bunk from ply base to slats, I have about 1 mtr of varnishing that needs doing to complete the inside of my boat, in between I'm helping my son-in law refurbish the inside and cockpit of my daughters boat, and it means gutting the boat and doing electrics and plumbing, I think I may be stuck in the marina for most of the season at this rate, the upside is him and my daughter only get down to the boat at weekends so I'll have all the week days to go out and play, 

Frank,,,,,