so I said to George Lucas...an American archaeologist...really?

Timbo

Just thought I would pop in and say hello. I'm sure I signed up before...but a lot's happened in a year. Many will know our boat Royal Tudor, who has sadly been laid up for most of this season while I recover from a stroke. I'm glad to say I'm back on my feet again and so will Royal Tudor be as we begin another new chapter. Getting her back in fine fettle is the task for the remainder of this year and early next. 

Although very poorly at the minute, Uncle Albert is still with us. Until I can get RT ready for him though he won't be boating until he's much better. My daughter Holly has now become permanent crew and co owner of RT with me. Holly has left college and is taking a 'gap year' (if you could only see my face) before going on to stage school. Matty the youngest lad is about to start college with a view to joining the fire service. Dylan the Boats Beagle (DTBB) has had an eventful year being attacked by a Rottweiler and having his littermate Toby move in with us, indeed my flat is a two beagle household now. Toby will be getting his lifejacket soon.

While my house is full of beagles, my partner's house (we have cracked this relationship stuff and my other half lives next door...there's no dancing in the jungle can't cook on ice big brother... in my house...I don't have a TV) is full of kids as the eldest lad, his partner and our granddaughter Gracie have temporarily moved back home while their new house is being sorted out. Enough to say that Gracie rules both houses and can twist everyone she meets around her little finger. To Gracie I am Timboo and, more often than not, I can be found singing about 'Tiggers', playing 'blow it bubbles' or like the other day following the order from the child seat in the back of the car to 'drive my car Timboo'!

I've not been idle during the enforced lay up as I've been cracking on with research for a film on the history of the Broads. The historical and archaeological research has been done and I'm knocking together a draft script and shooting schedule while tinkering with one or two animations. Voice actors are in place as is music by the London Philharmonic. I'm hoping to have a preview by Christmas 2014 with the film finished by Christmas 2015.

In the meantime I'm practising varnishing and sanding motions ready for the year ahead! Whilst on the broads I enjoy fishing, filming and meeting up for a good chinwag with friends old and new over a pint of good bitter beer or good bottle of Rioja!

• Like 1

Hi Tim

It sounds as though you have had an 'eventful' year. I'm glad that things seem to be improving now, and that, hopefully, you will be back on the water in the not-too-distant future.

Welcome to the madhouse that is the NBN

Thanks all for the very warm welcome! I'm Norfolk bound this Friday the first of August...got a bottle or five ready MM? RT is indeed a beautiful boat...but in need of some urgent TLC. Uncle Albert is still in hospital, although he is now clear of the infection and back to his usual self....ie a cantankerous old g...person....yes person, that was the word I was looking for, yes definitely p e r s o n. 'Err indoors has had me cutting hedges all day and then actually consented to come and help wash the car in preparation for the new one arriving tomorrow...so shocked am I that I can hear the bottles of Wobbly Bob calling to me from the fridge...Timdrink us...so I had better oblige...Tim drink us...hope to see you all soon...drink us now...all right I'm coming...

• Like 1

Just a couple of days this time round Simon to start measuring and making lists of tools and materials for the next trip.

Ah now you see I never joined the dots there MM...On contract? Maurice Mynah international hit man?  two guns

You know what, I think you're on to something...

No one would suspect him!

Like my father:

Post 9/11 checks onto a flight from Saudi to the UK.

Puts hand luggage on through the scanner

Scanner beeps

Attendant's internal monologue also consists mostly of beeps

(my father forgot he left the traditional curvy knife with the 7" blade he got me as a present in there)

She looks up at my father

He smiles at her

She smiles back and just lets him board with the knife!

It's the mild well mannered ones...

• Like 1