moorings wanted

roo2

Just to piggy back off this post (sorry original poster).. I'm kinda on the same hunt (although I only want a mooring and a spot for the car).. people keep saying to me have I got a mooring yet?! I wasn't going to start looking until the week before the lorry comes and collects which is really easter.. but I'm getting worried now... do I really need to seriously start looking now and reserve/start paying for a spot? or will a weeks worth of phone calls find me a mooring in easter? 

Good luck with your search original and please let me know what you find and how much you are paying etc.. 

cheers

• Like 1

Hi Alan,

It all depends where you want to moor, if its in on the Northern Broads then dependent  on where you may be looking; it may be a case of  "dead men's shoes"

When we were looking for moorings to replace the ones we had at Ferry Marine the management at the time needed two moorings one for Ranworth Breeze & our sister boat Southern Crusader, they could not find any.

We moved the boats to the Southern Broads and we have been at Brundall ever since.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Thanks Alan.. ideally we want to be on the "ends" so wayford/stalham, (ranworth - dream on!), or loddon.. but we are happy to resign to anywhere really (ideally a secure marina though) for the first year or so.. I think I probably do need to making a few phone calls already then.. :(

• Like 1

..... I wasn't going to start looking until the week before the lorry comes and collects which is really easter.. but I'm getting worried now... do I really need to seriously start looking now and reserve/start paying for a spot? or will a weeks worth of phone calls find me a mooring in easter?........

I certainly wouldn't leave it till the week before, or even the month before, come to that.

Reasonable budget moorings on the Broads are always in short supply.

Most mooring rental contracts are annual, starting at the beginning of April or January. 

You need to have contracted one well before then, because far fewer are vacated afterwards.

Thank All.. (Sorry again for highjacking this thread :(  we aren't sure what orca air draft is as we aren't too sure where the waterline would be after re-engining. I'm guessing we are somewhere between 7 and 8 feet.  So we would be stuck downstream of wayford/potter/wroxham :( I think we would both be happy with loddon, its a good idea to reach graham which I'll certainly do that and I'm intrigued about pyes mill moorings.. that would be nice.. :) we had a walk down to princess cruisers in loddon but was stopped at the gate (which isn't a bad thing of course) but it looked a bit more like a yard.  

I'll start making some calls.. I don't want to waste anyones time though as we are still a long way off.

Thanks All!

• 4 weeks later...