Location, Location, Location

JimG

Hypothetical question. You're on a weeks holiday, out of season (so mooring isn't an issue). You have to cover both northern and southern Broads, where do you moor overnight?

Here's mine (I'm starting from Stalham)

Ranworth

Oulton Broad

Loddon

Rockland Staithe

Acle

Horning

Sutton Staithe

Interesting to see if I stick to this when I come next.

I'd throw Beccles in instead of Oulton mainly because I like the town better - mooring probably easier/better at Oulton though.

And at Rockland stay in the dyke off the main river rather than the Staithe - quieter, but beware the cows on the footpath to the New Inn - Moooo.

• Like 2

Anywhere they`ve got leccy posts if it`s out of season.

Seriously though, i don`t think we could do it all in  a week, so i`d have to have at least 2.

Going from Brundall, Probably Reedham 1st, Thurne dyke or Womack water 2nd  Wroxham, or Coltishall if the bridge was doable 3rd,  Dilham or Sutton 4th, Acle or Stokesby if there`s space, 5th, Loddon 6th, then back to Brundall 7th.

I`d love to do a lot more, but we`d definitely need 2 weeks.

A great idea to c in c for charity but please remember that the approach to the 'locks' is governed by the Beccles town bridge which is low and will restrict some craft that might have wanted to join in. Regards Alan. cheersbar:wave

And some might have to meet you at Wroxham!

• Like 1

Sounds a good idea CinC... :)

We always do the whole lot in a week  :naughty: I like sitting at the wheel.. My typical route is:

(Brundall)

Loddon

Thurne or womack

Neatishead

Salhouse (Mud weighted)

Ranworth (Mud Weighted)

Beccles

Rockland or Surlingham (Mud weighted)..

(Brundall)

Brilliant week... cheers

(This is two weeks):

(Brundall)

Loddon

Thurne or womack

Neatishead

Salhouse (Mud weighted) 

Salhouse (Mud weighted) 

Salhouse (Mud weighted) 

Salhouse (Mud weighted) 

Salhouse (Mud weighted) 

Salhouse (Mud weighted) 

Salhouse (Mud weighted) 

Ranworth (Mud Weighted)

Beccles

Rockland or Surlingham (Mud weighted)..

(Brundall)

• Like 1

cheers lol no up against the bank in rockland.. just across the road from the pub so I can stagger back.. Although we have seen "firefly" (sister of my parents boat) mudweighted just off the channel, fishing.. Although we saw them a few times and there were nutters... 

Nice route Alan.

Hope you don't do the mudweight in Rockland though - If you just go outside the markers on a dropping tide you can save the effort of heaving the mudweight as you wont move for 10-12 hrs anyway :naughty:  :naughty:

Still not moored at the Staithe as a bit concerned about the water depth getting there - and the width if anyone is coming out.

But then after our last trip moored up the dyke with the pins out and our close encounters of the Bull kind on the way back I would like to give it a try.