Happy Christmas to all

Boaters

Hi,Ryadcrew,interesting to hear how others spend this time of year ,do you have a traditional meal etc at home ? ,here some hardy members will be on the Broads ,but the papers are saying forecast is not to good and we will plunge into deep winter weather.no snow for you though LOL

Spending this week at Potters Resort at Hopton for their Pre Christmas break having a great time so much to do.Many of the coach parties have bee taken out on excursions round the broads and found it very interesting Wroxham,Horning etc,unlike one lady we spoke to who had three hours in Yarmouth for their trip.

Just booked Potters for our anniversary next year!

The hotel is brilliant, Matt ,hope things don't change since Brian Potter passed away recently.

Great loss, Brian was a personal friend and business associate from back when I held the licence at the Waveney Inn. Judy Potter & the family are still the same so I don't see things changing, just that Brian's personal touch won't be there.

• Like 1

Wish it was a.week Maurice so much to do and time just dissapears ,we are with family so will be out of Norfolk till next week .Hire boats on Horning Staithe tonight looked very inviting ,must be great time for a cruise with this weather in a warm boat and something to warm you up in a bottle ,or two.Had a meal in the Ferry tonight ,must be the best festive decorated pub around,very nice evening .

• Like 1

Here's a little Christmas poem for you all, i'm sure you've all been there & wished you had'nt  lol.

CHRISTMAS SHOPPERS

------------------------------------

Christmas shoppers spending money

standing queueing not very funny ,

people pushing in the shops

all day long it never stops ,

hungry children rumbling tummies

losing patience tired mummies ,

need a cafe need a seat

time to rest those tired feet ,

christmas shopping what a strain

too much hassle never again.

well that's what we usually say is'nt it ? lol  think i'll make the husband do it next year lol.   lori  ice slice

• Like 3

And so it begins.......Christmas 2014 Poppy

Like millions of other people I am up early to prepare for the big day, I will be baking mince pies with my boys, getting the spare room ready for relatives coming to stay from London, getting the veg and meats prepared for cooking, dashing out for last forgotten bits and wrapping the last of the presents.

When this evening comes and I am about ready to throttle my husband (who will be lounging in his chair saying how lovely it is to have a rest), shoot my kids and kick the relatives out on the street if they say just once more how a mince pie should be cooked, I'll be loving every minute.

Here's cheers to Jonzo and team for the best Forum on the planet and a very lovely, healthy and warm Cristmas to you all

Here's also hoping that Jaws gets his mermaids (not), Mark (BT) gets baubles for his beard, JM doesn't get too much food stuff stuck in his (Yuk), Iain learns to speak proper English so I can understand him(still trying to learn Scots talk) and Poppy actually posts a joke I understand Lol

With Love, Grace xxx

p.s Donnygeoff, next time you arrange to meet, try and make sure you know where you're going :naughty:  :kiss

• Like 8