Marina on the Waveney ?

Boaters

Josh,

Griff of Broad Ambition fame, has a large two wheeled flying machine of a bike I believe. I have seen a pic of it online, looks the beezneez, and he calls it "Tiger" Hope that clears your enquiry?

Mods have to talk in riddles at times.  I believe its my Scots accent that is confuzzling you, for that sadly there is no cure :naughty: ...for now! :naughty:

cheers Iain.

About the car.....

Not from the States....I built it. Took just over 2 yrs.

Built the entire chassis from 4"X2" box section, the rest

came from the local scrap yard with the exception of the

body which is glass fibre and the blower and other

goodies etc.

(Still trying to find that Bonnie photo!)

Were you there when the wheel and axle came off a car and bounced over the securing fencing smashing into the spectators, braking a woman's leg I believe?

Good days with the gold tops (Champions) at the back having to work through the field.

Speedway was good as well, the Witches roaring around the track, living in Kesgrave at the time, what a racket.

Tiger 90, 350cc white and gold if my mind serves, great looking bike, a smaller Bonnie, but pretty useful!

Those days of DB34 and 32's, Rocket Gold Stars, Dominators, and the like, great bikes now worth quite a packet.

I have a Honda VFR 800Fi at the moment, Anniversary model.

17 years old and 2200 miles on the clock!

Not used much, bit of an investment I hope, number 6 of 50!

Also kitted out for er in doors. Touring, not posing!

Getting a bit old now for such activities, trips to the Swan in Yarmouth in the Hay days.

• Like 1

I wasn't at that meeting but did see the new 'motor racing is dangerous' notices the week after lol. I'm told I first went to speedway in a carrycot with a net curtain over it to keep the shale out lol. My T90 was red and white, Vincent flats and Dunstall "silencers" I thought it was the mutts nuts!Gave up riding in 78 after proving you couldn't ride a K*w*s*ki 200 through a mkiii Cortina. ETA: a mate of ours lives in Kesgrave (Glanville Place) but Thursday nights don't sound the same any more

Edited by stumpy
  • Like 1

The White Swan attracted up to 200 bikes on a Friday evening.

all well behaved, a hot dog or a burger and a swift half.

Bike and bikers of all ages, mostly older, up to 70's.

With a helmet on they could rekindle their youth getting looks from the birds and concealing their true age.

Shame there is nothing like it for sporting car enthusiasts, my first car was a Berkeley three wheeler, with a Excelsior Talisman 328cc three cylinder two stroke engine.

Looked a bit like an e type from the front with faired in headlamps but the rear, a dogs dinner covering the single wheel.

A four wheeled version was available and looked more presentable but could not drive on a motorbike license.

Good old days courting in a three wheeler, watching Radio Caroline from Frinton on Sea water front at night with headlamps on to keep the DJ's enthused.

Remembering the dream!

• Like 1

My first Tranny in the car was a radio with a handle on the front that enabled it to be pushed into a carrier frame beneath the dash and pulled out when leaving the car to stop it getting nicked.

Listened to Caroline all the time when in range until the Govm/t closed then down, spoilsports!

Replaced it with BBC 1 but never the same.

How times have changed!