Marina on the Waveney ?

Boaters

If you really want to go through PHB in a 'proper broads cruiser' - Just hop onboard 'B.A' next time I'm taking her up there.  I've been through a few times now but still need 6ft5" or more to do, most of the times there just isn't the airdraft available .

'B.A' was designed to pass under PHB she still can but not as regular as she used to and not as often as I might like.

Yet again, we are now well off topic of the original poster / Thread :River Police

Griff

• Like 2

Josh,

Because I am a Mod, I attempt to read all threads and posts. Its fun, the diversification, the Romans may have used straight lines, but on here we do go off tangent, but Frank will be along and sort it out. Won't you Frank? :naughty:  :naughty:  :naughty:

I understand serious, but a little light reading does know one any harm IMHO. :)

cheers Iain.

OK, if you must, but in two or more ditties.

Here goes, those of you not yet retired sit back and study the ceiling, this will not make much sense.

The evening is cold, dark, dank, no air movement, its the middle of November, fog is in the air as the local river temperature becomes higher than that of the air.

The moon has its magical circle around it when weather has that cold frosty edge to it.

Opening up the shed door she stands there, metallic blue and chrome, the shed has its own smell, rubber tyres, petrol, gearbox oil and Castrol 'R' to go in the tank to improve the exhaust smell.

I wheeled her out and rested on the flicked out prop stand. The moonlight glistening on the polished alloy, a result of a good job with the Sovol last weekend!

She was waiting to give me yet another ride of my life.

I take hold of the grips and slide my leg over the saddle, balancing her on the wheels, pushing the prop stand out the way with my heel.

She's sits there, between my legs, like a stallion waiting to be brought to life.

I reach down and open up the tank taps, one either side and tickle the pair of Amal carbs, the fuel flowing out onto my fingertips, the gloves used to such treatment.

Setting the choke lever a quarter position and pulling in the clutch lever, giving the kickstart a couple of prods to turn over the cylinders, we are ready for action. Ignition on and a hefty swing of my leg and she's purring, the tacho reading a steady tick over.

Flick on the headlights and we are nearly ready.

She is warming up now, heat coming from the cylinder heads next to my jean clad legs and a burble from the twin swept back pipes.

Goggles down, gloves tight, neck scarf tucked into the leather jacket and its time to get going, mates will be waiting.

Pull in the clutch, ball ended levers of course and snick into gear with a gentle clunk, the transmission causing a slight forward movement, but all is in control.

Raising the throttle and feeding in the clutch we are off, into the night, the cold air hitting the unprotected parts of my face and the beast's vibrations coursing through my body, this is life on the edge, Rocker heaven!

• Like 4

What does that matter, there is another more long winded thread with 7000+ viewing elsewhere about the SOM!

Lets stick to something different and pleasurable for a change!

Your CB400ss looks great, did you do the restoration?

Mine was a Triumph Tiger 100, pre unit, back in 1964, I have the 63 Bonney in the shed at present as a basket case for a rainy day!

Unless someone has greater inclinations than me of course!

ACE CAFE anyone?

Wow, pretty cool vehicle, you must have read 'Custom Car' mag, came from the USA I believe!

The days of 1650cc Ford Anglia, slope back window variant, around the Speedworth Foxhall Stadium in Ipswich. Running Ford DOHC with twin 40 DCOE's.

Probably much the same up here, at Yarmouth Stadium, but not my neck of the woods then!

A Suffolk git then, now a Norfolk old git!

Nice bike Bill.Always wanted one of them back my the youth - along with a Honda CBX - no idea why because I think they handled terribly, but maybe it was the size!! Saw a really nice restored CBX in the summer at the car park just of the Barton Mills roundabout where the bikers meet up on a Sunday.

What about Rykas down at Box Hill then?

Was supposed to do an Ace Cafe run in the summer, but my bike wasn't running properly - got it going for a bit and running worse now :cry  :cry  :cry Need a good bike mechanic. It's not a classic like you old boys talk about though :bow  :bow  :bow  although 19 yrs old this yr so it's getting there.

Nothing to do with Marinas now is it! :party:

Father in law has his original '87 Suzuki GSXR1100 - mine when he goes :naughty:  :naughty:  Still too new for you old boys though :hardhat: