Wayford Bridge and three other pubs hit problems

Griff, back at beginning of July  you said that  an announcement  would  be forthcoming about the future of the  Bridge.

I may have missed it and  cant seem to find anything subsequent to that, other than from the below, site which  still shows as sold subject to contract  http://www.fleurets.com/properties/e-514314/pubs-for-sale/bridge-inn-restaurant-norwich-norfolk

It does  seems to be operating fine and have been in  there twice since but can you say any more ?

DTS = 'Dinner Time Sesh'!   -   I thought everyone knew that?

Re the announcement promised in July - Phil / Ness are still in command, but as is the way with solicitors - they have been delaying the final signing on the dotted lines etc. Phil and Ness will remain at the helm for the foreseeable future as things stand right now

Griff

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

We stayed at Wayford over this weekend for a night.

The new owners took over about a week ago and they are very friendly and enthusiastic.

It was very enjoyable and the food was good, and I also didn't think that it was that expensive. (Room, Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast for under £190 for 2).

We will certainly be going again.

• Like 2

Seems a reasonable deal to me. Have always liked the Wayford (many don't) and I hope it goes from strength to strength but as a higher end premises. I favoured it over Acle Bridge in season as it does/did not attract so much holiday traffic. There has to be a balance for survival, I do appreciate that, but the watchword is balance.

That's the one point of slight concern. He was involved with The Maypole Group, so should know the business, but then again we know what happened to The Maypole Group. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I believe there were others with more optimistic expansion plans involved in The Maypole Group who ultimately led it to its downfall.

Fingers crossed that lessons have been learnt and Phil and Ness have a good business partner to help them on their way.

• Like 3