Wayford Bridge and three other pubs hit problems

I had the misfortune to hear his 'chat' on Radio 2..... "How many Restaurants do you own....."   "I dont know I have so many....I would  rather be in my garden with my geese...... "  nuff said!  Can I say Prat

Definitely Steve. He sidestepped that one with all the skill of a seasoned politician. Slippery as the snake  two guns

• Like 1

I had the misfortune to hear his 'chat' on Radio 2..... "How many Restaurants do you own....."   "I dont know I have so many....I would  rather be in my garden with my geese...... "  nuff said!  Can I say Pratt?

Correct he is! IMHO

cheers Iain.

• 4 months later...

A while ago all four of the MPW pubs were advertised for sale either freehold or in the case of the Bridge Inn, the leasehold. I’ve just noticed that all four seem to have vanished from the adverts so I’m just wondering if there have been any developments? Has anyone heard anything?

Had a meal and drinks in the Wayford Bridge Inn on Wednesday evening and we were both pleased with our meals. Still a bit pricey for the Broads IMHO but things appear to be on the up. All 4 of the former  MPW pubs appear to be under the management of Licensed Solutions Ltd so I guess they are behind the rescue. Decor in the bar area still leaves a lot to be desired.

Had a meal and drinks in the Wayford Bridge Inn on Wednesday evening and we were both pleased with our meals. Still a bit pricey for the Broads IMHO but things appear to be on the up. All 4 of the former  MPW pubs appear to be under the management of Licensed Solutions Ltd so I guess they are behind the rescue. Decor in the bar area still leaves a lot to be desired.

Trouble is 'Pricey for the Broads' is a major reason why we have lost so many pubs. I wish someone would define why the broads should be offering cheap food/drinks compared to the rest of the country

:hardhat:  pirate

I actually enjoyed wayford bridge when we up in the summer, First time I've been in there though and will (hopefully) go back. I do understand it's not a traditional norfolk pub but I enjoyed it, it was different and different is interesting, to me at least! (although I did get wasted and can't remember too much  :wasted:!).  

Unfortunately we haven't been into the acle pub for many years as the last time I didn't fancy it.. (too many kids for me), However it would sad to see any of these close and hope they can get it sorted and save them.  Good luck to them cheers

I'm with JawsOrca on this. Have used Wayford several tims and quite liked it. Cannot stand Acle Bridge though - far too noisy. Not so bad in winter but I remember it in the "old days" and then it was a real pub.

• Like 2

Trouble is 'Pricey for the Broads' is a major reason why we have lost so many pubs. I wish someone would define why the broads should be offering cheap food/drinks compared to the rest of the country

That is a VERY good question.....

I am only speaking now for myself..........

As a holiday maker in broadland, or anywhere else, I have my holiday money, I know that I will not be sat in a pub in Donny having a drink at 2 fifty a pint........

And I will have my family, I am expecting to get a round of drinks for 6 people at £25 ( Donny prices £15) that's broadland....

Now Cornwall..... my other holiday location..... £25.......

London..... £25 quid

Manchester £25 quid

Problem with broadland pubs, is the HOLIDAY SEASON...............

How many BROADLAND pubs, struggle out of season........

And by BROADLAND I mean the riverside pubs, I know Norfolk/Suffolk has lost non riverside/holiday maker pubs, but so has every town/city in the UK....

cheersbar  NO MATTER WHAT THE PRICE ON HOLIDAY

:Stinky

• Like 2

That is a VERY good question.....

I am only speaking now for myself..........

As a holiday maker in broadland, or anywhere else, I have my holiday money, I know that I will not be sat in a pub in Donny having a drink at 2 fifty a pint........

And I will have my family, I am expecting to get a round of drinks for 6 people at £25 ( Donny prices £15) that's broadland....

Now Cornwall..... my other holiday location..... £25.......

London..... £25 quid

Manchester £25 quid

Problem with broadland pubs, is the HOLIDAY SEASON...............

How many BROADLAND pubs, struggle out of season........

And by BROADLAND I mean the riverside pubs, I know Norfolk/Suffolk has lost non riverside/holiday maker pubs, but so has every town/city in the UK....

cheersbar  NO MATTER WHAT THE PRICE ON HOLIDAY

:Stinky

Hi Geoff,

How did you find prices on the Forth and Clyde Canal eateries and pubs?

cheers Iain.

Update on my early reluctance towards the Bridge Inn at Acle.. We did manage to get in there for lunch (actually I think we have even been in the again after).. Lunch was brilliant.. Free side of chips was unexpected. Service was good too.. even served us drinks at the table even though we was in the bar area.. So yup highly recommended.. they certainly seemed unfazed by the administrators so fingers crossed they end up being owned by someone who deserves them.  

cheers

• Like 4

If pubs are too expensive then people won't use them!  If there is no winter trade then a pub is unlikely to survive. Good landlords, such as at the Geldeston Locks, attract winter trade and not only survive but also flourish. 

The Bridge Inn news release due this month IS good news (And that's from Phil not from me, but I agreed with him whole heartedly)

I can still remember the days pre 2006 with the previous landlord / manager, it was regarded as a venue for us to avoid.  Nowadays and since Phil / Ness took over, it has been and no doubt will remain on our top five pubs to visit, in fact is is presently No1 and also a regular stop over during our Lads Week

Griff

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

We will be making our customary visit to the Bridge Inn on Saturday 12th September with our two Newfoundlands Cooper and Gigi in tow.

Hopefully this time Cooper won't saunter off round the pub on his own when our backs are turned!

The Bridge Inn is a firm favourite of ours

• Like 2