Moving Moorings

Least the cats home mum. The police where there and said it looks like they wore gloves but being stupid they left a screwdriver so they are hopeful they can get prints and dna from that. Although if caught as usual they will probably just get a "good telling off" and back to school they go the next day.

As griff mentions get some CCTV, there's a maplins in crayford, get some security lights and certainly get an alarm fitted now.  And put it on the market and get the hell out of london...

That is bad news. I hope gets sorted quickly.

In my opinion (and possibly only mine) an alarm is more of a deterrent than CCTV. I have often seen CCTV where you can't even tell if the person is male or female because the picture is so poor let alone have any chance of identifying them.

Alarms don't need to be that expensive and places like B&Q sell some that a competent person can easily fit. All you want to do is make them go to another house.....

I can add one more item to the security measures. After being burgled once, I employed this measure afterwards and it helped catch the toerags when they came back for a second try. Good old axle grease applied to the tops of my walls and gates!

There were more prints, smears and foot prints after they had scaled the wall than if they'd been dipped in treacle. When I rang the police I told them to be on the look out for gimps smeared in grease...and within an hour they had picked up the culprits...who had also left a handy trail of grease at the other sites and shops they had visited. Word soon got around about the surprise waiting on the tops of walls, and although neighbours have had problems, my house is always left alone.

Although it can be upsetting having folks in your house...I still raise a smile when I think of the idiots I tarred...just wish I'd added some feathers! :naughty:

• Like 3

Marina, I am so, so sorry to read this. It happened to us and I know how you feel in regards to knowing people have been in your home and through your things. A bit of a strong word but I felt violated for some time after but it does get better I promise you.

Let's hope the police get the scum that did this, if there's anything we can do please let us know.

These things seem to always happen to really nice people like yourselves  :kiss Will be thinking of you

Grace

There are one or two deterrent effects that CCTV has.

One that springs to mind is the infa-red cameras. When thieves are thinking about breaking in, they will often scan your house with their mobile phone (in camera mode) to check for CCTV cameras.

Infa-red cameras show up as bright 'hotspots' on the house. The scumbag then knows your house is protected. As far as image quality goes, firstly the bugger doesn't know how good/bad your system is, and secondly the police are very good at seeing detail in the poorest of pics.

Least the cats home mum. The police where there and said it looks like they wore gloves but being stupid they left a screwdriver so they are hopeful they can get prints and dna from that. Although if caught as usual they will probably just get a "good telling off" and back to school they go the next day.

As griff mentions get some CCTV, there's a maplins in crayford, get some security lights and certainly get an alarm fitted now.  And put it on the market and get the hell out of london...

Yep, i second that, get out of London, Dorset`s nice :naughty:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That is fantastic news Marina, I can only assume that if they had a finger print match on their data base he was known to Police and has committed other crimes, hopefully he gets everything he so clearly deserves coming to him.

Hope you are feeling better  :kiss

Grace

Hi All, yes he did tell the police the screwdriver was taken from his shed and he had reported it to someone, but that someone deny any report. We have his name also, but my daughter wants to pay him back . They say he will go down, but for how long . So if you break into someone home do not leave your screwdriver in their house . Regards Marina

• Like 1