Moving Moorings

We are moving Sweet Kingfisher from dear old Brundall, after being there for 6 season / years we decided to have a change of scenery  :cry .

It was between going north and going to Stalham to Richardson's, so please CRicko thank Paul for his time to talk to us :wave .

After thinking about it hard, we both decided to stay on south river, so we are moving to Chedgrave to Greenways Marina and with meeting Jonathan and having a good chat, it feels right  :clap . Roll on Saturday 28th March, as this is when we will be moving our girl there :bow .

I will not miss eating in the Yare and maybe they could get a new chef plus a new menu  :naughty: it's the same old for how many years? Eating houses in Loddon and Chedgrave are so much better and more choice  cheersbar .

Brundall will always be in our hearts and we do hope to return back  :bow .

Fingers cross all goes well on her first cruise of the seasons.

Regards

Marina   :Stinky

• Like 1

Hi Marina,

As one who hired from the old Astons yard at Loddon for manys a year, it was the one last return trips we never felt sad on, probably as in those days with it being so narrow in places one had to give the Chet your undevided attention!

I agree, there are a good choice of eating places there. Enjoy your new moorings, and a safe first trip of the season too.

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

Good luck with the move Marina, agree with comments about the Chet, can be a bit tricky at times but absolutely beautiful. Hope you, Ian and your girl enjoy your new home.

Loddon is such a lovely little place, we have also eaten at a few places there, I remember a little cafe/tea rooms that did a lovely full English but can't remember the name, we haven't been that way in a couple of years so maybe it's not there anymore

Good Luck :kiss

Grace

• Like 1

Yes, Steve after last year cruising the Chet so many times to go and see Graham at Maffetts, you can say we got to know it . Plus the places to eat and drink . We can't wait ️. Regard Marina

Hi Marina,

They`re the main reasons we always hired from Maffetts. A great little yard run by a great family, from a great locayion. On top of that, the eat in or takeaway choice is one of the best on the Broads,  but best of all is as soon as you arrive, it`s lunch at Rosie Leas, then 1 minute to the boat. Good luck with your first cruise, and we hope you enjoy Loddon / Chedgrave as much as we ddo?.  Hopefully, we`ll see you when we`re up there in May, as we won`t be on Ligghtning next weekend.

• Like 1

That's the one Steve, thank you, good to know it's still there

Grace

We went through Loddon on Easter Sunday 2 years ago, and Caroline was open then. Needles to say, we stopped off for a cuppa and a cuddle with Caroline :love ., then on the Monday, we went there from Oulton Broad for breakfast before the customary 5 hour drive home.

• Like 2

Hi Grace,

When we were moored at the staithe last May, my wife n  her sister brought back a Mug of Latte coffee for me, very trustworthy indeed, on the assumption we would return it. If it hadn't been we had an early start for GY and slack water, the Full Breakfast would have been consumed for sure, at Rosies.

cheers Iain.

• Like 2

Deb bought a whole cake to take back to her Mum and Dad who we were going to drop in to on the way home. They left the cake on a plate for her and told her to bring it back next time, which of course we will. She said she thinks she must have at least one plate in every county ;)

Lovely, friendly service

• Like 2

Hope things settle down soon. Sad news. It happened to us several years ago. Took my wife ages to settle and get over it, but things soon got back to normal. Look towards the light at the end of the tunnel on this and hope it's not the train.

Edited to correct Apples predictive text. Agggggh

That's terrible news Marina.  Did the police take prints? maybe a faint chance they can catch the scum

Maybe a visit to Maplins to get a few ideas re your own cctv system - they are affordable nowadays. It won't get you your stuff back but it might give you some peace of mind/security for the future.

Owt I can do?

Griff