Ropes in the washing machine

Hi MM,

I don't know about fabric conditioner I used some Vanish in with the wash.

I tried putting the ropes in a pillow case but found that if it was not tied the pillow case and the rope parted company.

Can you imagine the world of pain I would have been in had I broken the revered washing machine.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

MM? Sisters washing machine? You sound such a thoughtful brother lol!

Is there a Norfolk breeze flavour? if so I'd go with that ;) 

Ropes in the washing machine was the bit tip i was ever told.. it really does work! 

cheers

Hi MM,

I don't know about fabric conditioner I used some Vanish in with the wash.

I tried putting the ropes in a pillow case but found that if it was not tied the pillow case and the rope parted company.

Can you imagine the world of pain I would have been in had I broken the revered washing machine.

Regards

Alan

Yes Alan,

Death by a thousand knots! :naughty:

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

What, you mean you guys actually know how to switch a washing machine on :shocked wonders never cease, you'll be knitting and swapping recipes next Lol :naughty:

Grace :kiss

Hi Grace,

I guess most of can do the above and also consume the odd bottle of red wine, must say personally you can keep the white unless it has a few bubbles in it.

We just have to play dumb at times, even when knowing our place :bow :bow :bow

"Now what's the recipe today Jim"

Note to self stop showing your age :naughty:

Must dash, I have got the get the chicken in the oven and then count Tan's stitches.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

What, you mean you guys actually know how to switch a washing machine on :shocked wonders never cease, you'll be knitting and swapping recipes next Lol :naughty:

Grace :kiss

Of course us guys know how to use a washing machine, and an iron, and a dishwasher, it's just that we don't want to look too efficient, or we'll end up with the job.

Now putting the wifes tights with my work clothes and the whites in the same wash is a sure guarantee that you won't be asked to do them again. Also woolens on a hot wash, great if you want them to shrink...

With my ropes, I use a couple of cable ties after coiling the rope, saves a massive tangle, also re knitting, most of us have also learnt how to splice a loop onto the end of a rope.

We are also able to light the barbeque, cremate steaks and consume vast amount of beer and lager.

How difficult can using home appliances be...

I mean... ***** can do it.

I chickened out writing the word above... after all I want to eat tonight... lol

Also on the canals, men have proven without doubt that getting a boat into a lock is a very difficult task, that is best done by men. This leaves the less technical, but more strenuous task of operating the locks to the women...

• Like 2

I've done 'B.A's a few times now, never bothered with the pillow case though - (whiles away a few minutes untangling them afterwards), 40c and the longest program available - in a hope to rinse out that pesky small grit, I've used fabric conditioner too.

Unfortunately being a RN type (Retired of course) I cannot pull the wool over MrsG's eyes and plead ignorance with using the washing machine, or an iron, or the galley come to that!

Griff

Grace,

I drive SWMBO to Sainsburys to purchase the washing capsules. Poundstreacher for the Vanish Tub and Aldis for the Conditioner. Are you expecting me, or any OTHER male forum member to switch it on? Got to leave you ladies summat to do! :hardhat:

cheers Iain

• Like 1