Fray Bentos Pies

Poppy

A 'staple' in many a sailys grub locker. How do you serve yours?  Straight out of the tin? On a plate? With or without veg?

Personally, if I found one of these in my grub locker I would use it as a non-return frisbee. I'd rather go hungry!

Already on board in the cupboard in readiness I have two large F B puds and two FB pies.     Long Life Milk - the Just milk from Tescos etc which is shaped like a normal milk bottle and easier to pour than a carton.    Try wrestling with the carton and end up with 9/10ths over the work surface. I have a rule with the Long Life Milk which is on day 3 even though it is fine it goes down the drain at the end of the day and another is opened.   Never had a problem.   Ready to bake bread and rolls.       Ready to mix bread mix - just add water for a variety of really tastey home baked bread.   Long life jellies with fruit in.    All very handy along with umpteem tins of this and that.

And this is just in case..    Just in case of what I have never been quite sure of.     A well stocked bar and plenty of drinking water - a real must have.

Broad Scott:

Pastry! Is that what they call it? Yuck! If I ate one those things again I would end up with Montezuma's Revenge for a week. You don't want to be near me if I get that! Then again, the raggies might appreciate it on a calm day.   :grin:

• Like 1

Hi Bonzo,

Being a Mod, I had to use a ballanced reply to the pie. It was either the word "pastry" or the word "mush" to use both at the same time may have led me to mod myself for breaching the TOS on here :naughty:

As for Monties...I will avoid replying to that, it would turn out to be, a bit long winded! :norty:

cheers Iain

• Like 1

BS:

I think the expression is "high winded".

A friend gave me one of these tinned excuses for a pie that he bought for a quid from somebody in a pub. I  purposely left  it on the bus on the way home, I am afraid I am too polite to tell him what I think of the product.

I now feel guilty that the bus depot was possibly short of a driver next day.