Alphacraft hurricane

Mandybstorm

Unfortunately, word on the ground is that they don't expect her to have enough water to move her this weekend.. Apparently when she went on the river was at flood and shes pretty much in the field there. They expect to move her in a week to 10 days when there's a bigger tide (I must admit the tide here in rochester wasn't as big as expected today :( ).. Although I'm sure they will give it bloody good go this weekend and fingers crossed for them.. 

Titan's big brother is Tosh, owned by someone connected to John, who runs E.M.S in Yarmouth. The place that does pump outs opposite the yacht station.

According to my tide tables the predicted tide today was 1.85m rising every day till next Wednesday when it is 2.10m. There is nothing bigger than that forecast for the rest of April or May. As both tugs are in the vicinity I expect they will be trying over the weekend.

Unfortunately as I'm currently sitting on very high ground myself, I shall not be there to witness it.

• Like 1

The issue with tide heights is not the predicted Lunar tide level but the effect of downstream flow on the high tide level, which can be considerable on the Waveney. There is very little at present, and unless we see some serious rain in the next few days I doubt that will change.

Tides high enough to float a boat on to that bank are few and far between.

• Like 1

That chap called John who runs EMS is the same John that owns Titan.

Nearly right, the chap who owns Tosh and EMS is me Terry, John is my Uncle, Tosh managed to pull Hurricane off last night, and yes we do keep a very beady eye on East Port, Hurricane got a couple of new scratches, other than that it's fine.

• Like 10

Hi all, sorry no pics as it was a bit dark, but John Cressy and his old mate Bill, who were hanging on the side of Hurricane at the time I pulled her off had a good ride, lol, had to be towed backwards to the mooring, all good fun, you know where we are if you need us, Thanks Terry.

• Like 5

Hello and welcome to NBN Terry :wave , we were down at the moorings yesterday and it was good to see Hurricane floating and moored up at the moorings. We missed you taking her away from the BA moorings. Did you take her back to Alphacraft Brundall?

We know Graham at Maffetts and he knows our boat :wave .

Regards

Marina   :Stinky

Hello and welcome to NBN Terry :wave , we were down at the moorings yesterday and it was good to see Hurricane floating and moored up at the moorings. We missed you taking her away from the BA moorings. Did you take her back to Alphacraft Brundall?

We know Graham at Maffetts and he knows our boat :wave .

Regards

Marina   :Stinky

safe and sound,I think it went back under her own steam.with a bit of luck she will be on hire again Friday.
  • Like 6