Some Reward For The Rascal

GeoffandWendy

The London Rascal.

As most of you will have read about Robin's day of near disaster aboard Belmore TC and the excellent way he handled the situation, in not just saving himself, but the boat as well, deserves some reward.

Not only is Robin a great blogger, but he is also a great asset to all of the boat hire companies, with his regular Captain's Blog. for which he has become very popular amongst members of this forum and nation wide through Youtube. It was whilst coming across and watching these excellent videos on Youtube, that introduced us to a boating holiday on the Broads. Not only has he inspired lots of newcomers, to the joys of boating, but he has been and still is, a great ambassador to the many different hire boat companies, he has covered in his filming and the many different boats he has hired over the years.

At his own time and expense, Robin spends many hours of his holiday, filming and describing each boat in great detail and his own account of what each type of boat has to offer. He has hired from many companies and is not biased to any of them, but treats them all with the same respect on the many different boats on offer to the hirer.

He has shown, that as an amateur video photographer, he enjoys what he does and tries to present his videos to a near professional standard for everyone to enjoy, as well as promoting many hire companies. If Robin hadn't acted in the way he did, during this recent incident, Belmore TC could have quite easily have gone up in flames, but with his calm approach, he saved himself and the boat.  

I think it would be a nice gesture if these hire companies, were to offer Robin at least One Weeks Free Holiday, in recognition for his contribution to promoting boating holiday's on the Broads. Surely he deserves more than just a well done from everybody.  Wendy and I would not have known half of what we have experienced, where it not for the Rascal and the Captain's Blog. 

• Like 7

Hi Geoff,

:clap  :clap  :clap

I am surprised that Robin does not already have a reduced or subsidized hire rate.

I know that Robin leaves a trail of defunct batteries in his wake, but come on you big three! Robin must have earn you a small fortune over these last few years with his promotion of the Norfolk Broads.

Regards

Alan

• Like 5

Whilst I agree with the sentiments of G&W above, as fantastic as they are The Rascal does the blogs of his own free will, I don't think the hire yards should feel that they owe anyone anything unless of course the Boat you have hired sinks or some such catastrophe because of a fault on their part.

I tell my family, friends and customers how wonderful the Broads are all the time, does that count for a free holiday lol  :naughty: Seriously though, Robin's blogs are fantastic, long may he continue with them, just watch out for the dodgy batteries  ;)

Grace

• Like 8

Yes, Grace has said very much what I would have said too.  I am sure that the various boat yards know him as a regular customer and blogger and will do their best to provide a good discount (and good breakdown service!), but those details are surely a private matter between them. 

I’m also fairly sure that “The Rascal” would not be blogging if he was not enjoying doing so.

• Like 4

I guess either way everyone wins, we all love watching and reading the blogs , Robin may or may not get  discounts for giving the Yards a publicity boost,  and should be up to them to offer anything  else privately but nevertheless he certainly will get the relevant discounts  for the amount of times he hires a year especially  from Barnes and Richardsons. 

I hope he continues to do  these regardless and  would  echo another members  comment about doing something -  even if only once, up river of Potter, Wroxham or Beccles. Come on Robin  I know  you don't like the Bath tubs but just a short one from  HW at a w/end  :River Police o

• Like 2

I must admit to thinking "what a great idea " at first , but upon reflection ,and having actually spoke to Robin on a similar sort of matter , I believe he puts great value on his independence and ability to call it like it is

So maybe not upon reflection :)

No doubt the man himself will have some thoughts on such matters ...

• Like 4

I've never met Robin, but hope to one day, but he seems to be a man of principle to me. I doubt he would accept such an offer even if it was put to him purely because as far as his blogs are concerned he is alway impartial no matter who/where he hires from.

Accepting such an offer would, subconsciously, effect his open and honest verdicts on all the boats he hires IMO.

I may be wrong but that is how 'our rascal' comes across to me. Keep up the good work Robin

cheers

Steve

• Like 6

Having read the many replies to this thread, maybe I should have kept my mouth shut about Robin being rewarded in this way. Like has been said, Robin would probably feel uncomfortable by accepting such an offer from any of the hire fleets. 

I know that Robin does all his blogs because he enjoys doing them for his own pleasure as well as everyone else's

and I am sure he will continue to do so. Maybe he does get discounted,, which he surely deserves and I am sure that all the hire companies, appreciate what Robin does, to promote holidaying on the Broads.

• Like 4

I really don't think you should have kept your mouth shut at all, your original post was lovely and showed how much you appreciate (as we all do) the Rascal and his wonderful blogs and I agreed with most of everything you wrote, we all have different opinions thank goodness otherwise it would be one boring Forum Lol. I love it when I see a G&W post as I know it's always going to be interesting or downright funny, as a result I order you not to keep your mouth shut and to carry on posting in the manner that you do  ;)

Grace  :kiss

• Like 4

I really don't think you should have kept your mouth shut at all, your original post was lovely and showed how much you appreciate (as we all do) the Rascal and his wonderful blogs and I agreed with most of everything you wrote, we all have different opinions thank goodness otherwise it would be one boring Forum Lol. I love it when I see a G&W post as I know it's always going to be interesting or downright funny, as a result I order you not to keep your mouth shut and to carry on posting in the manner that you do  ;)

Thank you Grace, it was so nice of you to comment in the way you did. :kiss 

My initial post was to praise Robin for his wonderful blogs, which everyone seems to enjoy and for the way he handled that horrible situation he encountered. I just felt that he deserves more than just a pat on the back, so to speak and that we all agree on that.

We all have different opinions and that is what forums are about like you have said, but I always like to give credit where it is due and I take on board your order, not to keep my mouth shut in future! 

For that Grace, you deserve a new pair of Shoes!  :kiss

• Like 4

"For that Grace, you deserve a new pair of shoes!"  Now that is something we can definitely agree on but, may I ask, are you buying?  :naughty: If so, every single post you have ever sent has been the absolute best and above all others, now, how many pairs does that compliment merit?  :naughty:

• Like 2

I'm with Grace here Geoff

It was a lovely personal sentiment on your part. Weather people agree or not is immaterial so please don't stop.

I personally think Robin would not want to accept reward for doing the blogs as it could be seen to compromise his unbiased approach.

Discounts for his repeat business is a different matter. I know we are building up our points with Richardsons and would think other yards offered some form of loyalty initiatives.

So please keep posting Geoff, you have become a valuable member of the forum and I look forward to your contributions

David

• Like 2

Much as I would love to buy you a pair of shoes Grace, but I have never seen any designer high heels in our local charity shops. Besides, I don't think Wendy would be too happy about me buying another woman a pair of shoes.

Only joking about the charity shops, that's one thing I would never ever dream of buying second hand.

I'm sure your husband would be the best person to treat you to a new pair of shoes  :dance  :kiss

Thank you too David, for your kind comment. 

• Like 2

With total respect to Geoff&Wendy for the sentiment, I think it's very difficult to single out just one particular person for their services to the Broads. There are a large number of people, both members and non-members, who have tirelessly promoted the Broads for many years.

People like Griff, Lord Paul, Jenny Morgan, AdnamsGirl, Dajen, Paladin et al, all of whom have been consumate ambassadors for the Broads for many years...often in an unsung capacity. Apologies to any names I've missed. :oops:

I've not actually watched any of Robin's videos as they're not my thing at all but I'm fully aware that they give immense pleasure to many people so I'm not trying to disrespect his work in any way.

• Like 1

Much as I would love to buy you a pair of shoes Grace, but I have never seen any designer high heels in our local charity shops. Besides, I don't think Wendy would be too happy about me buying another woman a pair of shoes.

Only joking about the charity shops, that's one thing I would never ever dream of buying second hand.

I'm sure your husband would be the best person to treat you to a new pair of shoes  :dance  :kiss

Thank you too David, for your kind comment. 

Surely you mean second foot........

• Like 1