Miserable gits

alexandlorna

I agree Alex, doesn't cost a penny. I am like a woman possessed when another Boat passes waving with my arms everywhere lol. What really p's me off is when the kids wave and people just look away, I accept not everyone likes kids but come on would it really hurt to just smile at least.

Just for you  :wave  :D  ;) A cheeky wink as well

Grace

• Like 8

Kids are fine, I just love it when they chirp up "No, it's my shout uncle John, What would you like?"

Not that fussed about the little B*****S until they reach that age!

Still, I wave to everybody. Some it annoys, others like it. I'm happy either way!

Edited to add...

Dnks34,

You should try waving to people in Asda or Tesco, It really worries them, they think they must know you. A friendly smile and a wink tops up the deal :)

• Like 2

I do wave to people on the river but often ask mysen why do we actually do this?!

We dont drive to Asda waving at everyone we see....do we?......ok maybe some of us do

Can't remember if it was Blakes or the Hoseasons brochures mentioned that all it took was a wave to enjoy boating on the Broads. :wave

cheers Iain

• Like 1

Hi Alex & Lorna just a little :wave to keep your spirits up.

We tend to wave at most people whether they like it or not. The children on the day boats seem to appreciate the attention more than anyone.

Regards

Alan

Sorry Alex, I have just deleted your double post, but for some reason it deleted both.

• Like 3

We probably do it because we are in holiday mode, I'm a great believer in 'paying it forward' whether it be a wave, smile or a good deed, how often do you feel miserable because someone has smiled at you and how do you feel when you've helped someone in some way, nothing wrong with spreading a little happiness (bloody hell, I can hear violins lol)

Grace

p.s Yes, I do smile at people in Asda  ;)  

• Like 4

Maybe they have RSI from too much waving earlier in the week?

We always give a wave but it is annoying when people look right through you and ignore it.

I want to try the waving in asda now. The wife is not going to be best pleased when I look like an idiot doing this.

• Like 1

I try not to make eye contact with people so they don't bother to wave .When you are out on the river a lot it gets a bit tiring after a while but will always wave back if people do wave. I'm just a miserable old git I suppose but I do spend a lot of time on the river. 

• Like 1

Hi Daniel & Iain,

Are you guys rich or what Tesco & Waitrose must be the most expensive supermarkets there is :naughty:

Regards

Alan 

Alan, one shops where wans bawbees goes furthest. I only dream of Waitrose in the posh part of Glasgow! lol  Rich! Ask me again later tonight after the Lottery Draws  :naughty:

cheers Iain.

Can't think what you mean about a finger gesture, I would never dream of doing such a thing :liar remind me not to wave at Fishtone when I see him lol :naughty:

Mark (Baitrunner) it all depends on who you are waving at, if it's a busty blonde then I don't think any wife would be best pleased :norty:

Grace

• Like 2

Can't think what you mean about a finger gesture, I would never dream of doing such a thing :liar remind me not to wave at Fishtone when I see him lol :naughty:

Mark (Baitrunner) it all depends on who you are waving at, if it's a busty blonde then I don't think any wife would be best pleased :norty:

Grace

Busty blondes!!!! :dance  This forum sure covers many subjects indeed!  :naughty:

cheers Iain

• Like 2

Ha ha grace. It was the acting the idiot in asda thing she won't like. Mind you waving at busty blondes might not go down too well either. Funny no one mentioned busty blondes until now!

So it's asda, busty blondes and me acting like a mad man. Sounds normal to me!

• Like 1

I do wave to people on the river but often ask mysen why do we actually do this?!

We dont drive to Asda waving at everyone we see....do we?......ok maybe some of us do

It breaks the boredom of countless miles of reeds . . . . . . . . . . . . just kidding. 

• Like 1