Hello

Hi my partner and I have been hiring on the broads for some twenty years so this season we took the plunge and bought our own boat.

Already getting some great hints & tips on boat ownership from the forum,

I'm sure I will be along to ask some blatantly stupid & daft questions shortly!

Thanks in advance.

Jas.

Hello Jas,

Welcome to the forum from Tan & myself.

Enjoy the banter and if if you need any advice please do ask, a lot of the forum members may have delt with most boating issues at some time or other.

Have a look at our information pages, there are listed suppliers, services and information.

As MM says there no such thing as a stupid question but the answers may be interesting.

We are very nosey and love pictures, so a picture of your boat would be appreciated.

Regards

Alan

:wave and  :welcome: from me. Good luck with the boat.. Just shout if you need any help! and before Grace asks.. :hardhat:  we will need to see pictures of your boat ;):naughty:

(Click more reply options  and you will see the option to upload pictures or click the "+" icon beside the reply box in TapTalk). 

cheers

• Like 4

Thanks again.

We are at ferry marina horning at the moment,will probably look around at end of this season/start next.

The boat is a Maxum 2700scr its been on the broads for at least the last ten years and has been quite well looked after in that time.

I like to get to grips with the oily stuff myself and it seems ok to work on.1505438054fb3be7ea0fbb2696d8dc62.jpg5c96f88e167bd46351e627cb37731703.jpge190f292c96a96a87fde22bd180546b3.jpgb83ebdea1b6c6de5893a446e7e6a0a81.jpg

Jas.

• Like 5

Lovely looking boat and cute dog!

(Thanks for posting pictures.. glad to see you managed it cheers)

I think the boat would look even better with an NBN burgee! ().. ;) 

Looking forward to seeing you out on the rivers cheers

• Like 2

Oh Jas.. it's cause you are on an iPad.. use that as a mudweight and use a proper device! lol only joking..

Jonzo? any ideas?? it looks like the paypal link isn't opening.. I guess it needs Javascript but I guess that's loaded up on safari, although I know little about Apple stuff..

Hopefully Jonzo will be along shortly.. Thanks for trying to get burgee though.. they are good quality and it's nice to see them flying and spotting other forumites ;)cheers

• Like 1

I'm guessing it's seeing the HTML form as a security risk

Lol good old Apple.. everything bad expect their own rubbish..or perhaps paypal have upset them .. or they just aren't hip enough for them!  Ok sorry rant over.

Sorry Jas we are really bad at digressing.. it's normally others (Grace) though and I try to get (her) back on topic.. 

• Like 1

And welcome from Deb and I.

We too only bought our first boat last year. The guys n gals on here have been most helpful with info on best way to do things, where to get stuff from, that sort of thing.

If you need any advice on wine or shoes or bad jokes then Grace is the one to ask. ;)

cheers

• Like 4