Windows 10

I have a Windows 7 Notebook that runs at slow or stop speeds. Have debugged, de fragged, dementedly and finally bought a new one. Windows 8 is AWFUL! I have spent hours customising the stupid features on it and still am bumping into rubbish like not being able to email out of Office 13 ...why?!

• 2 weeks later...

:wave hi all . it looks like ive got to wait til sometime in august apparently, but ive seen elsewhere that some people had problems downloading it because of their antivirus , did any of you have any problems ? & did any of you switch it off beforehand ? lori 

i seem to have to have a little problem with my lappy, ive got intel graphics problem & my lappy keeps freezing, been told by my avg that i can fix it for £38 but don.t really fancy paying that, do you think downloading win10 will help solve my problem ? lori 

Hi Guy's

Please heed this warning:

Make sure your software is compatible with Windows 10 before installing. A computer engineer who thought he was doing me a favour installed Windows 10 on all of my machines and the results have been catastrophic! Windows 10 does not like any form of software that is graphics intensive!

All of my animation, film editing and 3d Modelling is crashing left right and center.

Lorri, is you have a graphics problem take it to an engineer. Windows ten will not fix anything with your graphics and judging from what its done to my machines chances are it will make yours worse.

I'm now going through all of my machines, reinstalling Windows 7 after wiping each machine and starting from scratch reinstalling all of the software. Two down nine more to go!  :shocked

• Like 1

i seem to have to have a little problem with my lappy, ive got intel graphics problem & my lappy keeps freezing, been told by my avg that i can fix it for £38 but don.t really fancy paying that, do you think downloading win10 will help solve my problem ? lori

I had a similar problem and was considering a complete re install but all seems to be fine with W10....... It's early days but so far am quite impressed..... All of my programs are working and I use some pretty power heavy DAW (digital audio workstation) recording studio software & synthesizers so it's worth a try

I used to play solitaire in Windows 7 ,  just the easy version.     Had worked up a good score,  that has disappeared completely and now I have a load of different games, all of which are not as good.   Has anyone managed to get the sold version of solitaire back that we had on windows 7.

looking down the list of apps (programs) there is one listed microsoft solitaire collection - just looking into that at the moment - klondike on there is as near as you get to the old solitaire - you dont need an account, you can sign in as a guest. - not sure if this is playing online or offline at the moment.

Oh dear that doesn't sound so good.   Thank you for the links to Solitaire.   I have gone into something which has Solitaire and yes it is good to play but oh boy does it make my laptop run hot and the fan goes like mad.   We have tried coolsense but this laptop does not or cannot support it. So just ordering a pad to go under to keep it cool.

It does make you wonder if it was all worth it.

my laptop has run hot from day 1, I recently cleaned out the fan and heat exchanger and it dropped the temperature from 88-93 degrees, back down to a more normal 63 degrees, Al I do with mine is raise it about 1/2" above the board it sits on with a couple of strips of wood. I also run a hardware monitor that reports the core and hard drive temperatures to the status bar.

Its always run too hot to put on my lap, without potentially suffering burns.

Grendel

Is anyone having problems enabling Cortana in Windows 10. I have two computers both running Windows 10.

On the first computer Cortana works well and I have no problems. On the second computer Cortana will not run at all despite the settings on both computers being the same. Dave R............

Dave,

As you know, it does work!  I can only assume that it thinks you are in an unsupported region.  When I installed 10 I noticed that it had en-US and en-GB (USA and GB language) so I deleted the USA one, perhaps yours has a confusion of the two?  It might be worth deleting the USA one, alternatively swap to USA settings and then install.  All this is guesswork but it might give you some ideas. .... Good luck!