Windows 10

Hi Guy's

Please heed this warning:

Make sure your software is compatible with Windows 10 before installing. A computer engineer who thought he was doing me a favour installed Windows 10 on all of my machines and the results have been catastrophic! Windows 10 does not like any form of software that is graphics intensive!

All of my animation, film editing and 3d Modelling is crashing left right and center.

Lorri, is you have a graphics problem take it to an engineer. Windows ten will not fix anything with your graphics and judging from what its done to my machines chances are it will make yours worse.

I'm now going through all of my machines, reinstalling Windows 7 after wiping each machine and starting from scratch reinstalling all of the software. Two down nine more to go!  :shocked

hi tim am writing from my new win10 whoop whoop, everything tickety boo, it's even fixed my graphics for me i think, as it's stopped crashing hahaha, only a couple of problems, it does'nt seem to like opera browser very much, but I DO lol .& the other problem i have which i hate, is that you have to sign in every time you switch your laptop on or you can't get any further, but it keeps telling me my password is wrong every time grrrrr, is there any way to switch the damn thing off ? lori 

Lori you can swap it to a pin which is better than a password to enter,

I gave up on my mini pc for now and thought I'd upgrade my server which went belly up so after a word in HP's ear about extended cover they should have sorted access to updates on there site this afternoon.

Once your on the desktop of win10 there's little difference between 7/8/10, I miss the picture viewing prog

Mail is a pathetic mess. I store work emails in folders normally. It won't let me do this, MS are aware this is a problem and are 'looking into it' 

Hell's  bells, are they recruiting foetuses there? That function is standard business reqirement!

Edited by Polly

yesterday I took delivery of a new work computer, suitable for running CAD properly, it arrived with windows 7 professional installed, I dont think moderate to large businesses will be upgrading yet awhile as it would need to be run and tested with all of the companies software before it would be accepted.

Grendel.

we've only just gone to Win 7 at our sites and last week they swapped out 19" to 23" screens I've 2 on desk and like 46" of screen on the desk. great for spreadsheets and can rotate them 90'.

After a bios update this morning on my server it upgraded from win 8 to win 8.1 in less than 30 mins, it's just doing last of the updates before i lift it to win 10 and setup up as a server.

Just noticed on it's 1st reboot after updates it's showing win10 upgrade available already on the task bar i thought I'd have to go find it since it's after July.

I've only had minor problems with w10 having installed it on one desktop and one laptop.

One of the problems (on the laptop) is the "search the web and Windows" button next to the start icon is as I have just written and not a 'magnifying glass' icon.

On another point raised here, would I be correct in thinking that when using web mail, all the e-mails go through the hosts virus check? I use G-mail assuming that my mail goes through Googles antivirus system. If so, does that apply to my mail going out too?

yes I have 2 24" monitors too, the only problem I did have was that the machine had 2 HDMI ports plus a DVI port, and none of the monitors supplied by IT have HDMI inputs, solved with the use of the HDMI to DVI adaptor from my old machine, plus after trawling the company I found the 1 spare DVI cable, the supplied DVI to HDMI adaptor being a bit useless, especially so since we have no HDMI cables. my old machine is still connected to one of my monitors using the DSUB connector, so I can switch inputs at the monitor to run side by side comparisons.

Edited by grendel
spelling

My server has updated to 10 with no issues and it's running faster now.

I can't remote on to it yet like the pc there's only one password and pin on it but it won't let me in,

So if you know what it's looking for pass it over.

Will put old SSD back in to run weather updates and go pack my house ready for moving

Can anybody help me please?    I have taken a photo of my little car but do not want to show the reg plate.   So me being me thought , there is bound to be an option to pixelate the reg plate but I cannot find it under Edit at all.

is there such a thing.

Hi Monica,

Think you can block the car Reg by using Edit on your Windows Picture. Select the pic if in My Pictures. The upper menu you will see EDIT it will give you a pic of your car, use the pencil and BLACK it out and save, Then you should have the car without the reg showing. A bit long winded, sorry, but its the way I would do it.

cheersIain

Hylander,

If you are using the Windows 10 "Photos" tool then under the "Edit" menu (the pencil icon) with "basic fixes" (left-top) selected there is the "Retouch" option (right-bottom) which allows you to choose small area and blur it, using the "+" and "-" to zoom in on the picture allows you to changed the blur area.  It's not perfect and can be a bit of a fiddle, but this should do what you need.  Or you can use the Paint program as BroadScot suggested.

Edited by Jonathan
finger trouble!

I think in general 90's cars are pretty reliable because they didn't have to have all the bits on them to comply with tough emissions regulations - That's the stuff that kills modern cars before their time.

Our '69 Lotus Elan was a simple ladder chassis car ahead of its time. Electric window winders even but I could and did take every nut and bolt apart in the 20 years we owned her.

I wouldnt even know where to start nowadays!

Our '69 Lotus Elan was a simple ladder chassis car ahead of its time. Electric window winders even but I could and did take every nut and bolt apart in the 20 years we owned her.

I wouldnt even know where to start nowadays!

Like the professionals - plug it into a computer then recommend replacement of the most expensive part listed first.

• Like 1

I have Sky Yahoo and today all of a sudden in my in box I am receiving stupid emails which I am sure are coming from Yahoo.     They appear as the first email in the box but take up two lines.    Is anyone else getting these darn things.  I keep deleting them.    

I took your suggestion and went into the Sky Community.

Obviously I am not the only one that this is driving mad.

Sky Yahoo! Email - Inbox Advertisement

[ Edited ]

‎02-09-2015 01:19 PM - edited ‎02-09-2015 02:25 PM

Recently a new advert has been placed at the top of your inbox. This isn't a spam email.

You'll only be taken to the advert page if you click on the message box and this will not affect how you open emails.

It is not possible to close this advert but if you set your inbox view with a “Preview pane on the right”, you'll no longer see it.

Click settings > Viewing email > Preview pane >Preview pane on the right