Prejudice Prices ?

Lastdraft

Paid my £16.50 for side on berth with electric at Beccles on Sunday and noticed if I was a Sailie I would have paid £13.00 ?  ( If been discussed before, sorry, just delete )

Don't want to start a Motor v Sail debate but does a 35 foot motor boat take up more room than a 35 foot sail boat ? or use less electric when plugged in ?  We have to give them the width of the river and tip toe around them, but do we have to subsidise them mooring as well ?

• Like 6

Stern-on I do understand as most sailies are somewhat narrower than mobos but side-on, that's strange. Okay, so we don't have all the comforts of home eating up the leccy cards but 35' is 35'. On the other hand perhaps the Authorities prefer sailing boats, quite understandable!!

• Like 2

Matt, it confused me when they started it last year at OBYS and I eventually got a reply from Sentinel Leisure.

Pehaps they should use "Electrically Powered"?  :shocked :shocked :shocked

On second thoughts that would have the leccy powered brigade up in arms.....

Why not just have "Moorings £X" and "Leccy £Y"?  :roll: :roll: :roll:

• Like 1