Recommendations for Afternoon Cream Tea

CYGNET

Hello Everyone :wave

Wonder if some of you might be able to help please, I have some relatives coming over from Australia soon and they have requested going somewhere for afternoon tea in a nice setting on the broads.

So do you have any suggestions that you could pass on to me for say under £10.00 per person.  I have had a look at Waterside in Rollesby

Many Thanks

Maxine :)

The Potter tea rooms are very nice and right next to the bridge. I have also had good reports of the teashop on the bridge at Filby. You could go to How Hill - teashop is only open I think at the weekends. There are a couple of nice tea shops in Salhouse as well. There is East Hills at Brundall, Rosie Lees and Trios in Loddon - the last is one of my faves. Oulton Broad also has a couple of nice ones. For the unique setting How Hill has to be a winner!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There`s also the teashop in Ludham village opposit the church. Take them by boat to Womack staithe, then a 5 minute waklk to the village. It`s just around the bend from the pub.

There`s also the little shop on the riverside at Acle bridge, who have a few tables outside, and possibly the Bridge inn might do cream teas.

Also, don`t forget, Caroline at Rosie Leas in Loddon has here tea garden next to the car park which is very nice, and they bring everything out to you.

• Like 3

I`ve just thought of another couple of places.

Cupcakes, beside the river at Reedham, though i`m not sure whether it`s still there,anyone know?.

Also the Ship Inn by the railway bridge might do afternoon or cream teas, again, does anybody else know?.

Also WRC "Waveney River Centre" have a cafe up on the hillside overlooking the marina and river. It`s in, or adjacent to the pool complex.

• Like 1

Another one in Wroxham ,  imediately behind the day boat and bridge pilot office (i think?) anyway, up river side of the bridge in the Hoveton side, and just down an alley. can`t remember the name, but we often go in there for breakfast if moored in Wroxham.

Also one in Coltishall, there`s a hotel with a riverside garden. It`s down a track past the common and pubs there.

Fairhaven Gardens, if you book garden entrance ahead the trip boat will pick you up and drop you back at your moored boat, we mudweight on SWalsham Broad to do this. There is The Granary at Ranworth or the church tea room at Ranworth, both would fit the bill.

• Like 1

There`s also the teashop in Ludham village opposit the church. Take them by boat to Womack staithe, then a 5 minute waklk to the village. It`s just around the bend from the pub.

That's Mary-Jane's favourite on the Broads, Neil, just around the corner from the Kings Arms.   :wave

• Like 1

I thought you meant something special - with the greatest respect in the world all of those are pretty ordinary!!

Try the Norfolk Mead Hotel in Coltishall - might set you back a bob or two but they have a delightful walled garden if its a nice day and you will not forget that occasion - might bust your price barrier but you will have a great tea in surroundings to remember!!

Go on treat yourself and your visitors....!!!

• Like 2

I agree with Marshman, all the suggestions are very good friendly places but for special guests the Norfolk Mead would tick all the boxes IMHO.

Patronised by royalty too. I do believe :smile:

Oh Howard, and how often do you call in there?  :naughty:

Seriously, yes a very good choice, I had forgotten about there.  http://www.norfolkmead.co.uk/

cheers Iain

• Like 1

I will second Polly's suggestion for the tea room at Ranworth Church.  Better still: 

1. Buy some top-quality produce from the local supermarket or farm shop,
  2. Hire a cruiser for the day,
  3. Find a quiet spot on a broad or river bank and D.I.Y!

I'm sure they will enjoy the cruise too.

• Like 2

I thought you meant something special - with the greatest respect in the world all of those are pretty ordinary!!

Try the Norfolk Mead Hotel in Coltishall - might set you back a bob or two but they have a delightful walled garden if its a nice day and you will not forget that occasion - might bust your price barrier but you will have a great tea in surroundings to remember!!

Go on treat yourself and your visitors....!!!

Hi marshman,

That`s the one i was trying to think of, but could`nt remember the name of.

That's Mary-Jane's favourite on the Broads, Neil, just around the corner from the Kings Arms.   :wave

Hi John, i`ve promised myself to take Karen in there one day, but have`nt yet got round to it. The last time i went in there was with my brother and his rwo daughters when they were toddlers. Ne`s now a grandfather of three, and we went there 20 years ago.

It`s shocking how fast the time has flown by.

Thank you all so much for the suggestions on where to have afternoon tea, I will look into suggestions that have been made, I am sure my visitors will be pleased with what ever and where ever we go, just having them here will be special.

Maxine   :)

• Like 3