Ahoy Orca

Timbo

Orca, flying a forum flag, was spotted passing Wayford Bridge the other day. I did give a friendly hail...well...that's what I intended...what actually came out was...

"Oi! It's all right for some swanning up and down the river...come back and give us a hand getting some of this work done!" as I brandished a multi tool with a saw blade mounted! :swordpir:

A friendly wave and Orca carried on down stream!  :wave

• Like 4

We passed her yesterday moored at the wildlife centre

opposite Salhouse Broad. No sign of life then either!

Bill, they would be out hunting for the infamous Woodfordes  Wherry keg. :naughty:  Or recovering after finding it! :party:

cheers Iain.

Lol you must have shouted loudly tim. I heard over the engine lol. Sorry we missed you other guys. I like the little board walks sadly we dont have these down south although its so natural we don't need them. See you all in Beccles this weekend. We are doing land yatch today as orcas steering is a bit poorly and needs replacing but she will get to Beccles. ;)

• Like 2

Lol you must have shouted loudly tim. I heard over the engine lol. Sorry we missed you other guys. I like the little board walks sadly we dont have these down south although its so natural we don't need them. See you all in Beccles this weekend. We are doing land yatch today as orcas steering is a bit poorly and needs replacing but she will get to Beccles. ;)

Hi Alan,

So what's up with the steering?

Regards

Alan

The hubs a bit worn and sticking at times not fun. We didn't replace as it seemed ok but 100 hours have killed it now. We will replace all with new though. It should get us to Beccles abd back if not someone will tow us lol

• Like 2

I had to replace the full steering on Leo 2 years ago, the helm gear jumped a tooth and mushed the cable jamming solid halfway through a manouver in rockland staithe with steering on full lock, had to 'walk' it to the side using 1 forward/1reverse and swapping over sides till we reached the bank.

Managed to borrow a car and got to asap supplies for new bits next day, back up and running by early afternoon to continue with a 2 week holiday.

If on outdrive recomend the locking type of helm gear as it stops the torque steering effect, don't change the gear without changing the cable too as it will be just as worn.

• Like 2

Fingers crossed it doesnt do that gulp. It seemed normal down to Oulton. We only have single engine (we spotted you a couple of times last week ;) ) so I guess I would struggle if simular happen. I will replace the lot.. I've found the kit and sillette approve. . Judt neef to measure the cable ehich is easier said than done lol.. cheers

We passed her yesterday moored at the wildlife centre

opposite Salhouse Broad. No sign of life then either!

Lightening flashed! It tore the Norfolk night in a sizzling jagged slash, illuminating the storm tossed 'pick up stick' reed beds of the Northern Broads. The air tasted of tin, hairs at the nape of the neck tingled. In the distance the forlorn 'put put putting' of an engine carried over the marshes as around the bend in the river glided Orca. Her ghostly crew lashed to the makeshift tiller. Moonlight showed from behind the edge of storm clouds and glinted from the calciferous form of Orca's Captain, who with folded arms made his own skull and crossbones. The Captain beckoned and, if only the cadaver had lips to read, would have said 'see you at the NBN meet in Beccles'! For you had seen Orca...The Ghost Ship!

• Like 9