Yorkshire to move even further from the Broads?

JennyMorgan

Perfect!

A coastal cruise 10 miles from home and a shorter run into the broads via PH (around the poxy bridge) and an island hopping trip around lowestoft, the dump of kings lynn submerged and the new seaside town of downham market has a good cafe for breakfast, whats not to like? (and a good chippie)

I'm going to fit another 5 volvo's to snowbird to speed things up a bit, you won't need sunglasses with my smog cloud!

• Like 1

It`s all rubbish anyway. On one of Neil Olivers "coast" programmes, he was diving many miles of the Norfolk / Lincolnshire coast. He was diving in deep water, and was filming tree stumps on the bottom of the North sea. He went through the history of how the UK once was linked by land to continetal Europe, and that the North sea was once a small estuary, and the english channell did`nt exist, as it was all once solid land. Yet over many thousands of years, the natural slipping and moving of land through tectonic plates etc resulted in the North Sea and English Channell as we know it, and it`s continually moving to this day, and for thousands of years in the future. Deisel engines, or ANY internal combustion engines have nothing to do with rising sea levels.  That is what is known by politicians as "the incovenient truth". 

Time to have a serious look into raising Pottor Heigham and Wroxham bridges i think :naughty:.

• Like 3

Now they are predicting what is going to happen in 80 years but at the end of October they were predicting a really cold November due to the strongest el nino in 50 years, apparently warning signs are the south pacific temperatures rising.

Well the temperatures rose in the pacific and we have had the record hottest November on record.

If they can't predict what is happening next month how can what they predict for 80 years time have any credence whatsoever?

• Like 3

I understand that many of the broads came into being following the digging of peat. I wonder what scare stories went around then? "If we carry on like this, Londoners will be able to bring their bling boats here" "stop digging-the Scots will arrive in their droves" (sorry Iain, couldn't resist it). "If we carry on, people will start hiring out boats, and a whole new industry will commence bringing jobs and visitors to the area"  Perhaps they stopped because they thought burning peat would cause an ice age/global warming (take your pick).

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, johnb said:

And before MM or any of his "gang" ask, as far as I know a Scottish "Drove" is not a boat!

Drove, aye, I drove to Sainsbury's today n back again.lol: you are right though, I sure have "drove" to Norfolk many times.xmas4 Dodging "herds" of tractors on the A17.  Well I like to "flock" to the Broads,  xmas2 who in their right mind, wouldn't !!! :party:

cheersIain.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, senator said:

Now they are predicting what is going to happen in 80 years but at the end of October they were predicting a really cold November due to the strongest el nino in 50 years, apparently warning signs are the south pacific temperatures rising.

Well the temperatures rose in the pacific and we have had the record hottest November on record.

If they can't predict what is happening next month how can what they predict for 80 years time have any credence whatsoever?

Absolurtely spot on Ian.  I only said to Karen this morning how they were predicting it as "Snovvember", but while we were on Lightning from the 7th - 14th, on a couple of days we had warmer more sunny weather than when we there in May / June.  We had the heating on in November, but only on low. We only had 2 days when we lit the woodburner, but even that got too hot, so we had to open a window to cool the lounge down.