2016 Beccles Wooden Broads Cruiser Show

JanetAnne

Yaaaaaay Martham boats have confirmed this afternoon that even though we will be on High Water and Spring Tide, they will get us through the bridge, have to admit, had a little panic on when I realised this morning that High Tide at Potter is about 2.40pm on Friday. Too much concentration been had on Low Water for Breydon and cruising times, anyhow panic over, we should still make it there on the Friday night :party:

• Like 3

Its getting close now!

Can we wish everyone traveling to Beccles this weekend a safe journey. We know some have many hours on the road before getting underway afloat and this years tides in Yarmouth mean early starts or late finishes for a lot of crews coming from the north rivers as well.

See you all there.

• Like 2

We are all set, work all day today, then the usual 16 mile drive down to Stalham getting onboard V.late then a few items to attend to Friday morning, eta GYA 1700, then hopefully around 2100 at Beccles.

Looking forward to seeing you lot (Well most of you that is :taunt: )

Griff

• Like 1

I was going to attend Saturday afternoon stay on BA overnight and return to London on Sunday but now I will be arriving by water on the Friday evening.

So it will be off to Liverpool Street early afternoon Friday, then a first for me as my destination will be Great Yarmouth.  Out the station then I can actually walk over the bridges I so often have cruised under, round to the Yacht Station and await the arrival of Broad Ambition to pick me up and proceed over Breydon and on to Beccles. It is not often one has to worry about both train times and then tidal times to catch 'the boat'.

Come Sunday it will be Beccles, Ipswich, London :)

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, LondonRascal said:

I was going to attend Saturday afternoon stay on BA overnight and return to London on Sunday but now I will be arriving by water on the Friday evening.

So it will be off to Liverpool Street early afternoon Friday, then a first for me as my destination will be Great Yarmouth.  Out the station then I can actually walk over the bridges I so often have cruised under, round to the Yacht Station and await the arrival of Broad Ambition to pick me up and proceed over Breydon and on to Beccles. It is not often one has to worry about both train times and then tidal times to catch 'the boat'.

Come Sunday it will be Beccles, Ipswich, London :)

I wish you good fortune with your trains Robin.

11 minutes ago, w-album said:

Forecast is a tad windy on Saturday so we have to get across Breydon on schedule before the storm comes through. Should be okay though 

She's a good little boat, she'll enjoy a splash around on her way down

Looking at the charts you should have no problem. It will be windy but SSE. so not influenced by tide if you keep to the red ones it should be smooth up and down stream and smooth with the wind a' beam

Wish I was able to attend. Have  great weekend all.

1 minute ago, Spider said:

We towed our half-decker across Breydon last spring in 20+knots wind against tide. I nearly had puppies, but she was fine.

Sail her across tomorrow and you'll probably make 20 knots with a reef in!

1 hour ago, JanetAnne said:

Sail her across tomorrow and you'll probably make 20 knots with a reef in!

A few years ago we crossed south to north in South Seas from EW in strong winds, but it was a beam reach with a following tide. Quite exhilarating. We hit an indicated 10 knots, though I still don't really believe it.

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

We'll make a final call late Friday or very early Saturday, but the chances of us sailing up the Waveney on Saturday morning are not looking good.

Yes I had guessed as much Robert. seems that fortnights "Sun hotter than the Rio Olympics" was somewhat optimistic! Its a long haul in poor weather.