No, Dear, I'm Not Going Sailing Today!

JennyMorgan

3 hours ago, Islander said:

Can't think why Peter, Frostbites were out racing yesterday in 5deg, rain and no wind.:rolleyes:

snowing here as well and the snow shovel is in the shed at the end of the garden. 

Colincheers

Snowflake Sailing club at Horning were also out yesterday in sleet and light wind,  Darn chilly it was....

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, LeoMagill said:

Felt like sleet at surlingham this morning after a very noisy night, some good lumps on breydon yesterday at 16knots made it fun.

we were just passing Surlingham when the sleet came down. I was using the upper helm as well!

it was still sleeting and blowing 40mph when I realised Brooms had moored a hireboat on our mooring. You may have heard me shouting and honking the horn....!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Matt said:

we were just passing Surlingham when the sleet came down. I was using the upper helm as well!

it was still sleeting and blowing 40mph when I realised Brooms had moored a hireboat on our mooring. You may have heard me shouting and honking the horn....!

Hi Matt,

If it has happened in the past or if it happens again, it might be an idea for your syndicate to move to pastures new! 

One of the  reasons we moved from Ferry Marine that we had been moved twice to different locations, when we were to be moved to near to the hire craft were moored we looked for another marina. 

Since being at Tingdene we have only moved once so both boat are moored side by side (Ranworth Breeze & Southern Crusader) at the time of the move to the Southern Broads we had to have different locations. During our time at Tingdene we have never returned to find another boat on our moorings.

I know have major issues with a move from Brooms with regards to cleaning, turn round services and of course your discount on fuel for being a Broom's berth holder. 

It sounds like a job for your syndicate Chairman to sort out with assurances from Broom's written in stone.

Regards

Alan 

Just to add Breydon was closed Monday and there was a number of trees down (including fleet dyke across the moorings) and a number of roads closed due to fallen trees. Yarmouth pleasure beach, Beeilderwood and pleasure wood hills were all closed due to the wind. If we had realised how bad it was we would never have left the relative shelter of Brammerton. 

As we passed the Surlingham Ferry the stern was trying to overtake the bow and we may have broken Thunders top speed record......at 1800 revs.

You "Drifted" the Yare then.

Seriously though sounds like a terrible trip on the River and you must have done well yourself in those conditions. 

Hope it stays better for you  for the rest of the week