NBN 4th Birthday Party

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a fab weekend, with what has to have been the best weather this whole year, and a meal where the food was absolutely fab, I’ve been through the photos and found one or two that I thought I would post up! Had a great time with all the crews that made it and thanks to John for his time and effort on organising such a fantastic venue!

IMG_2969.jpg

IMG_2996.jpg

IMG_2999.jpg

IMG_3003.jpg

IMG_2986.jpg

IMG_3011.jpg

IMG_3021.jpg

IMG_3032.jpg

IMG_3047.jpg

IMG_3076.jpg

IMG_3078.jpg

IMG_3079.jpg

IMG_3080.jpg

IMG_3102.jpg

IMG_3107.jpg

IMG_3110.jpg

IMG_3120.jpg

IMG_3132.jpg

Well, what a cracking Birthday Bash!!!

As previously been mentioned, thank you John & Mary-Jane for organising what turned out to be a fantastic meet, you too have a direct line to him upstairs when it came to ordering the weather. The other person is another story, more on that on the Salty Bottom section later. ;)

I am sure everyone had a great time. It was great to be together with friends new and old. On that subject I would just like to add... If it wasn't for the NBN we wouldn't know all the great friends we have met over the past several years, so here's to the NBN cheers

Now the Raffle!!

I thought I would hold a small raffle for everyone who joined us at Coldham Hall to help raise funds to support the cost of running the site. As most of you know, any funds raised over and above the annual site running costs we donate to a worthy charity. I am so pleased to announce that we raised £92 in the raffle and managed to top it up to £100.00. Thanks to everyone who contributed raffle prizes and purchased the tickets. :clap:clap:clap

Now a few pictures.....

New to the Broads Luke & Claires new Job Done!

post-167-136713860675_thumb.jpg

We also welcomed Barry & Sharron's new toy Alex's Star.

post-167-136713860799_thumb.jpg

Campaign flowing..

post-167-13671386088_thumb.jpg

Some of the Salty Bottom contingent.

post-167-136713860987_thumb.jpg

Chief Robert

post-167-136713861096_thumb.jpg

Little & Large, did I say that!! :lol:

post-167-136713861459_thumb.jpg

A fantastic meal, thanks to all the staff at Coldham Hall. :clap

post-167-136713861505_thumb.jpg

Dress code for the evening, blue & white stripy shirts.

post-167-136713861612_thumb.jpg

post-167-136713861693_thumb.jpg

Luke and Robert showing off their raffle prizes!! :grin:

post-167-1367138618_thumb.jpg

A very enjoyable evening although fairly fleeting due to Norfolk's Taxi's :roll:

Thanks to John for organising it and Col for his raffle which raised a decent sum :clap:clap

It was good to put faces to forum persona but sadly there was not much time spend catching up - next time though.

A most enjoyable evening and really well attended, thanks to John for organising the shooting match and to Col for the raffle, that will ensure there is a decent surplus for charity (ies) after the Christmas raffle. Considering the large number of diners present and their diverse orders Coldham did a hugely efficient job of getting it all out in short order and to their usual standard (apart from a waitress allowing me to nick John’s steak :naughty: ). Good to catch up with some and to put faces to others every now and again, it made up for missing out on what was one of the best boating weekends of the year.

I'd like to add our thanks to all involved in the weekend, it was really enjoyable and great to see a lot of fellow forumites again.

Gav, Sue really appreciates that photo of her looking half asleep/half-cut! I assure you she wasn't at that point! :lol:

Thanks to John for organising this event.

Amazing that you were the only suitable boat for the Broads to attend the event but at least those not suitable managed to get there somehow :naughty: .

Great turn out and a great night amongst great friends. cheersbar

A few more pictures of our Breydon experience yesterday.

Lots of salties having great fun, and not a hire boat in view to get bounced around.

Perhaps that is the secret, let the hire boats loose on Breydon for an hour and a half either side of low water at Yarmouth

(after all where on earth can they go crossing Breydon outside that time anyway)

Leave it for the "fast" boys to play on for an hour and a half either side of high water...

(After all they can't get through the Bure bridges anyway.

And the new Job Done probably needs the Breydon bridge opened anyway, even at low water!)

Nice to meet some new faces at the bash.

Martin

This was the first such event we've attended, but we'll certainly attend in future where possible. A very enjoyable evening, and thanks to John for organising it, and also making room at his table for us. As late(ish) arrivals, it was looking like the children's table for us until John and Mary-Ann bumped up a bit!

It was good to make some connections of faces to names/avatars/boats, although there was not enough time to actually chat to more than a few people. Judging by the 'photos, much fun was had before and after the pub part of the event, so we hope to be able to come by boat next time, and make a more leisurely day and night of it.

Hi all

Looks like you had a fabulous time, very sad we couldn't make it. It was our youngest daughter's birthday and we currently have a poorly boat :( We will definately try to make the next meet especially if you can guarantee the lovely weather :)

The Reevos