Broad Ambition - The Model

grendel

well a bit more work, after the trial runs there were a couple of drops of water in the bottom of the boat, now not sure where this came from but i suspect a pinhole in the epoxy sheath over the timber, this will more than likely get sealed when i paint the hull, but just in case i have epoxied the area inside too. after that it was time to add the strips across the roof, and then the handrails, unfortunately one mounting point happened to end up where the support underneath was, but right on the edge, so a couple of blocks have been added to allow the threaded portion to sit through a timber with space behind for the nut.

IMG_1478.JPG

IMG_1479.JPG

IMG_1480.JPG

IMG_1481.JPG

IMG_1482.JPG

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

well little bits as and when, the second well deck side went in this evening, followed by the bending of the water feed pipe for the exhaust, i've left the end long as i have to turn up a transom fitting, this will need to be threaded about 5mm or bigger to allow the 3mm brass pipe through, i had to heat the brass to cherry red before i could bend it satisfactorily , this pipe will need to sit under the servo linkage and will exit through the transom, after that an inner well deck will be templated up and fitted above the rudder post.

IMG_0307.JPG

IMG_0308.JPG

IMG_0309.JPG

• Like 3

ok so its been a busy day, what with tidying my workshop to be able to find some things, then making the skin fitting for the exhaust outlet, first some bar had a centre punched, then centre drilled, then it was drilled out to 3mm for the tube. after that a section was turned down to 5mm and a thread turned onto it, after this it was parted off (though in hindsight i should have cleaned the thread with an m5 die first), then cleaned up and tested on a piece of 3mm brass tube. its now ready to install (hoping i made the threaded section long enough now) 

IMG_0312.JPG

IMG_0313.JPG

IMG_0314.JPG

IMG_0315.JPG

IMG_0316.JPG

IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

IMG_0319.JPG

IMG_0320.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG

• Like 5

ok, 5mm hole positioned drilled and the pipe fitted, tightening the nut was fun, but achieved, the other end has been sealed into the hull fitting, i will gradually open up the hole in the hull fitting until i get the desired flow. its less than 1mm at the moment

IMG_0322.JPG

IMG_0323.JPG

IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

• Like 7

tonight was creating a pattern for the floor, basically i placed a sheet of thin ply as a template, using a spacer the outline of the internal space was traced onto the template, the template was then laid onto the plywood that would become the floor, the spacer was then used to recreate the shape from the marks made on the template, this was then cut out and fitted, its still a bit tight,but it fits in there fine, it will be trimmed to be a good fit later as i build up the well internal fittings and features.

IMG_0329.JPG

IMG_0330.JPG

IMG_0328.JPG

• Like 3