Portrait Format Pics

13 hours ago, Gracie said:

Absolutely stunning, thank you for posting, I love those kind of images of the Broads :clap

Grace

p.s  Don't mean to be cheeky but got any more ? :kiss

Hi folks, thanks for the compliments.

Sorry Gracie it was a one off, just in the right place at the right time.

Sat there watching the sunset with a glass (or three) of red, I borrowed my wife's phone to take the pic. Took one pic and then the swan appeared so I thought that would add interest.

I do have a lot of pics I took of the Broads in the 60s and then the 80s onwards which I am scanning - very slowly - I will post some of those if I think they are good enough to be of any interest.

11 hours ago, Hockham Admiral said:

:clap   :clap   :clap

What camera and lens were you using, please, Roy?

John and Mary-Jane. As you can see from my answer to Gracie it was taken with a mobile.

Over the years I have had some decent cameras including a SLR as long ago as the 60s.

When my last still camera (a Sony F717) packed up a couple of years ago, I decided that with 4 young grandchildren (6 now), I would buy a camcorder which is brilliant (full HD) but the stills from it are very hit and miss.

That pic has made me think of getting another still camera though.

Bit disappointed that I didn't get the horizon quite straight in this pic - but I am out of practice.

Roy

• Like 2

1 minute ago, diesel falcon said:

i ve never seen a ohoto that should have been in landscape for a long time, the scene is fantasitic, why would you need to poratre  it, you have portrayiive the swan but nothing else

i am lookinking atm this AFTER  a drink second opinion  am...

I thought we were getting drunk tomorrow :naughty:

28 minutes ago, diesel falcon said:

i ve never seen a ohoto that should have been in landscape for a long time, the scene is fantasitic, why would you need to poratre  it, you have portrayiive the swan but nothing else

i am lookinking atm this AFTER  a drink second opinion  am...

I didn't think the stuff to the left (buildings) and the right (a very ugly road bridge) would have enhanced the picture.

Roy

• Like 1

On 9/8/2016 at 9:40 PM, webntweb said:

Hopefully this will come out portrait.

Roy

Wish I was still there.jpg

A bit of cropping can help, did this using the very basic photo editing that comes with Windows Ten. I don't like the colour much but I do prefer the cropping. All a matter of opinion but suitable cropping can improve a picture no end.

Crop.jpg