Firefox Problems

SPEEDTRIPLE

Hi all,

recently, i`ve been having a lot of problems with firefox. When i click on some sites, namely Outlook for my e-mails, or facebook to catch up with friends, and also you tube etc, it keeps telling me the site uses something that firefox does`nt recognise.  These sites always used to connect no problem, but now all i get is "secure connection failed".  Does anybody else run firefox, and is experiencing problems, or is it just my system, possibly been corrupted somehow?.  The weird thing is, i can acces these with my phone (yes, i`ve finally given way to modern technology) via our wi fi box,, but on here they just don`t work?.

• Like 1

• riyadhcrew changed the title to Firefox Problems

This might help! Firefox upped security some time back and some sites won't load, but another thought! have you updated Flash player, I had problems with crashing, hanging pages, and some sites not loading, I was told to go to Tools, Add ons click plug ins, go into Shockwave flash options, and make sure the little box that says Enable Adobe Flash protected mode is un-ticked I did that and havn't had a problem since, the bit below in the link tells you about the security issues with flash player,,, as for it working Ok on your phone! if I'm right Android and IoS don't use flash player  so thats why it works on your phone,,

https://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2016/07/20/reducing-adobe-flash-usage-in-firefox/

Many thanks for all the advice guys, but unfortunately, it all goes way beyond my level of techy stuff. How do i use Chrome, and more importantly, where do i find it?. Karen and i are looking to buy a new laptop over the Christmas period, so i may just let it go untill then, as i`m sure a more up to date system will be able to cope with all the latest gizmos?.  I`ve said on here many times now, that as far as computers are concerned, i`m always at the back of the classs.

• 2 weeks later...

:wave hi neil your not on your own, ive just recieved a new laptop from hubby as a chrissy present as my old samsung laptop has crashed, i kept having problems with windows 10 upgrade ,so i tried to take it off & now can't get into it,  anyway hubbys bought me a dell lappy windows 10 yuk, i ive had problems trying to download firefox too, it kept telling me the sight did'nt exsist , so i went onto cnet i think it was & managed to download it, but it still plays up now & then, but i'm comfortable with firefox, windows 10 seems to be abit like apple ,it does'nt like you downloading certain stuff, especially when you go through edge browser, it's a nightmare, ive also taken off the mcfee antivirus that came with it , as that also kept trying to stop me downloading certain software , kies & nikon kept saying there was a problem with it when there was'nt, so ive now downloaded malware bites & it's better,  lori

• Like 1

Chrome user and windows 7, finally managed to get shut of windows 10 from all of my machines. Occasionally use Firefox until I can work out how to get Silverlight to work on Chrome. The day I consider using an Apple Product will be the day colleagues stop asking me 'why does you PC version of the software cost less than our Mac versions and why is it more stable and have more functions?.

Telecommunications is all Sony and Android running Chrome.

Tim, chrome stopped even supporting silverlight ages back, there isnt a workaround, (I know as just as we went to chrome at work, one of the industry companies transferred their cable maps software to run on silverlight, we have to use ie.

I have the same questions asked by windows users of my linux pc, exceot the difference is the OS and software are all free. but the only drawback - linux doesnt have a good CAD.

I'm using win 10 and firefox no issues, I use outlook web app to get work emails etc.

Only thing I'll say if you've gone back to win 7 is o make sure your updates are working, I've 3 machines that refuse to accept win 10 and when it reverts back to 7 it stops. Microsoft remote the machine free of charge to correct this.

Only use EDGE for wroxham web cam

2 hours ago, Polly said:

Got fed up with PC at last and got a Mac Book Air for my business, I am still gently 'moving in'.

I'm sure you'll love it once you get used to it. I was pc for years but got fed up with them & bought a MacBook Pro earlier this year and will never go back.

funny thing is I have installed Parallels Desktop which lets me run Windows 10 (or any other version) for a couple of pc programs I still want to use and it works far better than it ever did on my high spec pc

• Like 2