Mother's Day

Gracie

I would like to wish all you yummy Mummy's a smashing Mother's Day tomorrow

I would also just like to pay tribute to my own Mum, not only has she always been by my side but she truly is my best friend, It's not all about the flowers, chocolate and wine (ok scrap that bit lol) have a lovely day mum's

Thank you Mum :kiss cheers

Grace

• Like 8

Happy Mothers Day to all mums.

My mum lost her battle with cancer a few years ago so I always like to see people making an effort to show their mums some appreciation

cheers

My mother was also my best friend, missed for 10 years now.  She never liked Mothers Day, remembering it as Mothering Sunday so I don't go overboard and expect too much.  Tonight I have the house to myself (bliss) as I had a big Butterfly Meeting but the rest are in Horning and should be queuing up soon to go on the Mississippi! On their return though I believe I don't have to cook supper though which will be nice.

In the year she died, I was awarded an award for butterfly work, it made me cry not being able to tell her, as she would have been so proud.  There are some things you so wish you could tell your mother - I am sure many others as we grow older would agree? That's my tribute to my mother!

• Like 5

Oh how envy you girls with lovely mums because, quite simply my mother wasn't, Each year on Mothering Sunday  I used to struggle to find a card that wasn't full of "what a wonderful mother you are" I'm sure you can have no idea how hard it is to finds a  card that  isn't full of the sentimentality that would have been so inappropriate, lucky  you. On a happier note my mother in law was a lovely lady who I knew  and loved for most of my life and who for most of my life was like a second mother to me. Long gone now and missed very much indeed

Carole

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, addicted said:

Each year on Mothering Sunday  I used to struggle to find a card that wasn't full of "what a wonderful mother you are" I'm sure you can have no idea how hard it is to finds a  card that  isn't full of the sentimentality that would have been so inappropriate

Actually I do but not for this day!!!!

• Like 1

Sadly, i don`t have a mum to see on Mothers day anymore, and this year will be the first year i won`t have a father to say happy fathers day to, but at least we`ll be able to raise a glass to them on their respective days. 

Karen and i don`t have any children, we got together a bit late in life to have children, so these are days that we can never receive cards for.  Never mind, we have each other.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, addicted said:

Oh how envy you girls with lovely mums because, quite simply my mother wasn't, Each year on Mothering Sunday  I used to struggle to find a card that wasn't full of "what a wonderful mother you are" I'm sure you can have no idea how hard it is to finds a  card that  isn't full of the sentimentality that would have been so inappropriate, lucky  you. On a happier note my mother in law was a lovely lady who I knew  and loved for most of my life and who for most of my life was like a second mother to me. Long gone now and missed very much indeed

Carole

I know the feeling.  I have always been envious of the close bond other mothers and daughters seem to have.

• Like 3

My wonderful 90 year old Mum is in hospital at the moment, we hope that she will be back home with us if hopefully she gets a little better.  She has always been there for me and my family. My father died when I was 8 months old, but thanks to my Mum I grew up loving him, at least his memory.  Currently  I have to occasionally chide her gently as she keeps saying that she's useless, and I try to remind her how much she has done thoughout her life, not least supporting us and her parents. Despite being a single parent, working full time, my Mum sewed and knitted lots  of lovely fashionable outfits for me, excelled at baking, gardening, painting, cake decorating and flower arranging. Despite being quite shy, after her retirement she took on a number of leadership roles in the community. I do love her, and it breaks my heart to see her gradually failing her strength. 

• Like 5

I lost my Mum a few days before my 18th Birthday, she was only 42. Lung and breast cancer. On the way to visit my mother in law yesterday, I took a moment to call at my Mums grave. A very moving moment. You never forget them. 

My mother in law has been like a Mum to me since I have known her, which was from when I was around 19. So I have been blessed in having her support for all this time. 

So Happy Mother's day to all those Mums out there.

But who can answer this Question...

Why is Mother's day 9 months after Father's day ? lol

Richard

• Like 5

I'm glad I started this thread, such moving stories, some not so, I know I have been fortunate in having such a lovely Mum and really feel for those who haven't experienced that, I know from getting to know Carole that her Daughters are extremely lucky to have such a nice Mum

Anyway, I was woken with an offering of burnt toast, coffee and two red roses on the tray, not much of a banquet but the best toast I've ever had lol, off for lunch and then the footie to watch England lose :facepalm:

Have a great day everyone :kiss

Grace

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gracie said:

off for lunch and then the footie to watch England lose :facepalm:

Have a great day everyone :kiss

Grace

Oi behave yerself darlin England to loose, where is yer patriotism darlin go wash yer gob out with carblic. I know yer to young to know what that is so just go use soap, and behave you hear. Even though its Mothers Day.

Charlie :kiss:arms:

• Like 3

I'll have you know I'm very patriotic, I just love watching men that are paid thousands and thousands of pounds a week to represent our great Country, even if they can't win a game of snap let alone a tournament :naughty:

Seriously, come on England :trophy

Grace

p.s What on earth is carblic?

• Like 3

I'm cooking lunch today for Daughter, son in law and friends No. 2 granddaughter is going to the England match courtesy of her new boyfriend. For your  further education Gracie carbolic is a particularly stringent and unpleasant form of soap used ,many years ago when dirt of all types was more  prevalent.  Don't put it anywhere your mouth! That was a bit extreme Charlie:naughty: even for you.

Have a nice day everyone:) 

Carole

• Like 2

I think it's so important to tell your loved ones how much you love them as often as possible. Say how proud you are of them. Do that with your friends too.

I "think" my father was proud of me and what I achieved, but he never once said it to me, when he died my step mother said to me, " your Father was so proud of you... " somehow I brushed that comment under the carpet, it didn't have any feeling or sincerity about it. Had my Father said it just once... It would have meant so much. Too late now.

I of course say this to my son and daughter at every milestone in their lives, and I certainly will be looking for opportunities for my grandchildren too.

A few kind words at the appropriate time works wonders. You don't even have to spend any money to do it, although... flowers, chocolates, wine and new shoes (One for Gracie)  certainly help lol..

Richard

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Gracie said:

I'll have you know I'm very patriotic, I just love watching men that are paid thousands and thousands of pounds a week to represent our great Country, even if they can't win a game of snap let alone a tournament :naughty:

Seriously, come on England :trophy

Grace

p.s What on earth is carblic?

Well as far as I know darlin, I stand to be corrected on this, all players that play for England donate all the payments they get from the FA to charity.

Charlie :hardhat:

• Like 2