Move To Norfolk & Become A Lardy!

What gets me is there is really no concern for the population , the concern is for the NHS.    Well stop piling billions into stupid things and give it to the NHS to waste on Management like other organisations.          The National Lottery should have been for the NHS.

The last time I saw a nurse she was 3 times larger than me and was giving me a lecture.   A joke.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Low pay and undernourishment is endemic to Suffolk!

Yes, I was shocked! It was very evident when I stopped for lunch at Southwold on my way to Thorpeness and Aldeburgh.

I had heard about coastal poverty but had no idea that there was anything like those three towns in Britain in the 21st century.

Please feel free to moderate if this is too shocking but I saw a family in Aldeburgh down at the Slaughden end having to eat fish and chips in a Ford Mondeo, for heavens sake!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, smellyloo said:

With the galloping advances in virtual reality I fear inactivity will increase as will the difficulties of extracting their carcasses from their homes.

All I can think of is the cartoon film WALL-E

3 hours ago, ChrisB said:

Yes, I was shocked! It was very evident when I stopped for lunch at Southwold on my way to Thorpeness and Aldeburgh.

I had heard about coastal poverty but had no idea that there was anything like those three towns in Britain in the 21st century.

Please feel free to moderate if this is too shocking but I saw a family in Aldeburgh down at the Slaughden end having to eat fish and chips in a Ford Mondeo, for heavens sake!

A FORD MODEO?? IN ALDEBURGH?  How on earth did they get it through the border checks??  :naughty:

• Like 2

Heh, I was fat before I moved here!! Stealing my efforts in a past life!!!

i loved the charts though. Norwich and south Norfolk were looking good with lowest number of cases. Then you see they are nearly top of the league for prescriptions. Must be all the slimming pills they give us to keep our weight down. Must get some.

another pie anyone while I'm waiting?

• Like 1

Oi!   we cant all be twiggy you know.     I am a very active person , play tennis and bowls and always on the go and yet I am not a size 10.         You dont have to be lazy to be a tad larger than everyone else , well especially those in the media.

1 hour ago, Poppy said:

A FORD MODEO?? IN ALDEBURGH?  How on earth did they get it through the border checks??  :naughty:

I think on reflection that they were probably of the Servant Class, their benefactors would have signed their papers.

• Like 1

I was speaking to an old contact who was in vehicle manufacture all his working life. I was moaning about every model getting bigger and bigger. I put it down to encap and safety but he said that yes that was what started the trend, however they are now having to accommodate wider seats as it can impact on sales.

I have heard that some of Martham's smaller & older boats have proven a tad small for today's extreme 'wider seat'. Indeed one lardy lady used her bulk to force herself into the toilet compartment. Trouble is that once ensconced and without momentum her bulk became a handicap. The lady was only released when a bulkhead was removed!  Apparently it was suggested that the toilet pumpout was put on blow rather than suck however removing one wall was thought to be less messy.

• Like 7

This lardy has thought very hard about moving to Norfolk, but has decided not to for a couple of good reasons:

1. Everyone I know who has made the move spends less time than they envisaged afloat and much more of their lives gardening, shopping, decorating and generally wasting time on domesticity.

2, When the amount of lard round my heart reaches a critical level, I am not sure that I  want to spend my last 45 minutes in a traffic-bound ambulance trying to get from the Broads to the Norfolk and Norwich.  

Pass me another pie.

cheers

Steve

• Like 3