Dawncraft Dc30

Jocave

After owning our viking 23 for six months or so we have realised we could really do with something a bit bigger, there are a couple of DC 10's for sale that we are interested in ,both need a certain amount of upgrades but nothing major, just wondering if anyone owns one or has owned one in the past that can offer any pointers, we hopefully will be viewing both this week if all goes to plan..

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 25/10/2017 at 06:58, ranworthbreeze said:

Here is a link to see some of the Dawncraft DC30:-

http://www.broads.org.uk/wiki/index.php5?title=Style_Details&style=DC30

Regards

Alan

Thanks Alan the trip over was a waste of time ,not really as described and the height of the freeboard is an issue ,we are now looking at some of the newer Viking models in particular the ones with the rear door to make things easier, budget has gone out of the window but it will be worth it long term..

Don’t know your budget but if it stretches then our own Admirals pride and joy is available at NBS Wroxham and even though I have only been aboard once and for a short time only she appears to be an excellent buy compared to others if a similar age and condition 

http://www.norfolkboatsales.co.uk/used-boats/alpha-34-friday-girl-625.asp

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

We had a nose around the outside of Friday Girl at the weekend and it looks to be a great boat, one of the best we have seen in that price band. Both myself and my wife agreed that if we were looking to upgrade at the moment it would be on the list for a closer look

I was invited aboard Friday Girl once by our Admiral but unfortunately couldn't due to ill health, something I have deeply regretted since joining this forum and getting to know John. I would just like to say the person who becomes the owner of Friday Girl can rest assured that she has been loved and cared for to the highest of standards, a proper smashing little boat

Not only did I miss out on spending a weekend with John and Mary Jane but can you imagine the Bombay Sapphire and wine that would have been consumed!!! :default_drinks::default_norty:

Grace

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

That would have been some weekend!     :default_drinks:

As an update to you all, I'm now into three weeks since my total right knee replacement operation (why we had to put Friday Girl up for sale). I visited the hospital physiotherapist yesterday and he was most pleased with my progress.

I have the left knee done in 2018 and then it will be quite a while before I will venture onto the water again, in whatever shape! Most probably Spring, 2019.      :default_icon_wave:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2