Proposed Lidl Store For Beccles

Hylander

4 minutes ago, KaptinKev said:

Now I don't know very much about Gracie, but the feeling I get is that other female members on NBN must lock up their husbands if she is about.

Are you suggesting that Gracie is a man eater then? 

You might be right, so long as they have prominent truncheons, dress in blue :default_biggrin: and have stiletto resistant string vests! 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Apparently it all part of a major housing scheme so maybe not such a good idea. Beccles is Beccles, lovely just as it is.

Not anywhere near where all of the houses are being built.     Proposed houses being built at Ellough.

Its a fact that there is a housing shortage so new homes do need to be welcomed but........

The thing for me is that there is a real risk (and many online horror stories to back that up) that these new builds are built to a terrible standard, usually overpriced, built on top of each other and modern room dimensions especially childrens bedrooms are ridiculous.  

What you get for your money is in my opinion diabolical. 

Buying off plan allows unscrupulous builders to cut corners and knock things up shoddily and they are even using this help to buy (government help) as a sales tool, a tool designed to make housing more affordable only pushed prices up even further.  

The whole system is yet another industry driven on greed less interested in turning out a good quality family home than it is knocking it up as cheaply as absolutely possible. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SweetKingfisher1 said:

I / we must be the only couple who do not love Lidi :default_2gunsfiring_v1:.

The only time I go into Lidi is for the German Christmas biscuits and chocolate, then for the rest of the year we give it a miss :default_scaredmouse:.

Regards

Marina :default_stinky:

Waitrose for the rest of the year then ?