Proposed Lidl Store For Beccles

Hylander

my only issue with Lidl is I go in there with the intent to buy some food, and come out with a table saw (or insert tool of choice / offer of the week here). if I could stick to just buying the food, my shopping bill would be far cheaper than other supermarkets - but...........................

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

What are they  going to put in the old broads hotel site?

I think there is a planning application somewhere. From memory, they are extending the store into the car park and the old hotel site will become the new car park. I don’t think I dreamt that........!   

Max knows me too well, of course I take JM and Kevs comments in good spirits. if I couldn't take it then I wouldn't dish it out

Boys, I am not a mean eater, a wine gussler maybe but not a man eater unless of course I ever get to meet Stuart or Jayfire in their uniforms :default_norty:

Grace

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Grendel was lucky not everyone wants a table saw but when you work by the time you get in for a offer you want they gone at tea time.

I had this out qith a manager at Aldi years ago, they kept get 32" lcd tv in on offer and I couldn't get in for one. My mother sister got one for our mother and it was a good tv. So when the offer came on again he put one in the office with my name on it, even rang me.

So went down mid Saturday afternoon join the checkout and asked for a tv in the office for me, following the we dont save items I asked her to go check and came back pushing the tv. I remember my sister coming to the till saying pay and go all hells breaking out behind you.

The set is still working and install in man shed.

• Like 1

Just now, Siddy said:

Grendel was lucky not everyone wants a table saw but when you work by the time you get in for a offer you want they gone at tea time.

I had this out qith a manager at Aldi years ago, they kept get 32" lcd tv in on offer and I couldn't get in for one. My mother sister got one for our mother and it was a good tv. So when the offer came on again he put one in the office with my name on it, even rang me.

So went down mid Saturday afternoon join the checkout and asked for a tv in the office for me, following the we dont save items I asked her to go check and came back pushing the tv. I remember my sister coming to the till saying pay and go all hells breaking out behind you.

The set is still working and install in man shed.

Don't worry about hell as I know for a fact it froze over many many years back. A lady in our office refused my advances, saying that I would have to wait till hell froze over. Well hell must have frozen over some three weeks after that.