National Park? Does It Matter?

9 hours ago, Bound2Please said:

All who support these bans, for their only their own benefit, peace and comfort. Who dont have to earn a living from the area, are in fact killing off generations of hard work, that has kept people employed and with  roofs over their heads.

So its ok to break up communities, families and in fact any thing that doesn't effect you YET, as long as wildlife gets nice easy life. Well I was brought up in urban countryside, we had woods dense woods scrub land parks with deer running wild, in fact they still are, the woods are smaller. But the wildlife is as abundant if not more than in the 50's and 60's.

So my view is leave the broads real national parks to get along as they dis 50 years ago. Where did this country go so wrong. Ah yes I remember to many university bods that think they know better than the folks that have looked after nature side by side with getting on with their lives for 100's of years.

Conclusion Mother nature has her own way of righting wrongs, dont interfere with her let just do her own thing PLEASE.

May the broads be the magical experience they was when I was kid and my parents were kids, and for my great great grandkids.

Charlie

Can I just say as a moderator, you are meant to take a back seat, not a front seat!

27 minutes ago, Maxwellian said:

R. Thanks for you quick reply. You seem to have missed the Point. I fail to understand your need to try and stir up trouble when there is abosolutly no need.   Why can you just not play nicely like most civilised humans manage to do!

There was absolutely no need to post as you did.

as you stated it was absolutely and shamelessly off topic

if the mods are learning from experience it is a good thing, no need to rub their noses in it or try and provoke / raise trouble

I

Careful what your saying here TOS etc , for a start Do Not call me uncivilised that's plain rude and offensive , I was nearly makiing a point as I'm allowed to I believe , I am not  stirring up anything if anything your post is most likely to be classed as hostile and while we are at it I will draw your attention to my excellent record here something I wouldn't have if I was the trouble maker you claim me to be , I have always use your name in addressing you even if its in a quote all I ask for is the same respect no the else .

Iv no intention of reporting your post , I'll leave it where it is and let others decide .

Oh and thank you for abbreviating my name yet again , its RICARDO not R thank you 

1 minute ago, rightsaidfred said:

I think mods are also members with the same posting rights as every one else and just as entitled to an opinion

Fred

I beg to differ, if the moderators have their opinions known, anyone who would oppose what they think would have their posts quashed!

Moderators need to be neutral and NOT post, they are simply there to keep the peace. 

• Sad 1

If a mod has a view on a topic as well as others in `MY` eyes they have took themselves out of been a mod on that topic and are subject to been pulled like the rest of you.

If not who'd be a mod to lose there right to voice. Other mods must cover that topic.

12 minutes ago, KaptinKev said:

Moderators need to be neutral and NOT post, they are simply there to keep the peace. 

on that count- should we make all the trouble makers mods - so they cannot post - No

Moderators have as much right as anyone to post an opinion, and just as much right to take offence when they are attacked, now can we get back to the subject in hand before this thread takes any more of a turn the way its heading.

it was moving along nicely earlier.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Siddy said:

If a mod has a view on a topic as well as others in `MY` eyes they have took themselves out of been a mod on that topic and are subject to been pulled like the rest of you.

If not who'd be a mod to lose there right to voice. Other mods must cover that topic.

Unfortunately if you carry the word "Moderator" above your name, you don't have the right to voice your opinions, it comes with the job!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Funny how so many threads go this way later on an evening isn’t it?

Is it fair to say everyone here wants to avoid any loss of navigation on the Broads?

Or are there people here that would like to see boats removed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, KaptinKev said:

Unfortunately if you carry the word "Moderator" above your name, you don't have the right to voice your opinions, it comes with the job!

unfortunately that is not so, a moderator must have the patience of a saint and a hide like a rhino, those were the only qualifications I was told about :default_biggrin:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hang on a minute folks!

This thread has just run to 8 pages of serious, interesting and informed debate about a subject vital to the Broads.

Our Moderators are those senior members whose wise council has become respected by all but there is nothing to say that they cannot express their own opinions. Indeed their opinions, when given, carry a lot of weight.

This is why I could never be a moderator. That would be "the poacher turned game-keeper"!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

unfortunately that is not so, a moderator must have the patience of a saint and a hide like a rhino, those were the only qualifications I was told about :default_biggrin:
Moderators do not moderate opinions, only the way in which they are expressed.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Just now, grendel said:

You also forgot “to be a robot that never makes a mistake”

i think the MoDs do an excellent job on this forum, sometimes under difficult circumstances and extreme provocation. Long may they continue the forum. Long may its members continue to discuss in a civilised manner. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

"If the Broads did become a full NP the Sanford Principal could be applied which may be used to restrict or remove boats from some of the Broads."

I have edited the point from JohnK (in red) to better reflect the danger.

Example... If the waters above Potter Heigham needed thorough dredging... AND the broads was a full National Park... AND the BA was a bit strapped for cash, does anyone here believe that John Packman would NOT plead the  "Sanford Principle" to avoid having to dredge?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, grendel said:

a moderator must have the patience of a saint and a hide like a rhino, those were the only qualifications I was told about :default_biggrin:

Unfortunately you were misled my friend(if I may call you that) to joining the league of moderators.

May the force be with you!!:default_biggrin:

4 hours ago, batrabill said:

Well there you go - a concern about the erosion of what is allowed and a tightening of regulation is quite a sensible thing to worry about. I must admit I haven't noticed a concern about diesels in much that has appeared here - it is quite a recent phenomenon - but will increasingly come into play. But of course that isn't really a BA issue - unless you think they are hell-bent on eliminating boats.

Something which would be an odd thing for them to try since half their income comes from them.

Indeed about half their income does  come from boats, but if there were no boats then there would be no need for moorings or whatever else they do for boaters so perhaps that is somewhat of a fallacious comment!  No, I don't think the Authority is hell bent on eliminating boats but I do sometimes wonder at their commitment to boating beyond that of our being their cash cow.

Regarding emission control on boats, personally I see this as inevitable, whether by choice or outside intervention I wouldn't wish to hazard a guess.  I note that BA has just bought an electric car.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Hang on a minute folks!

This thread has just run to 8 pages of serious, interesting and informed debate about a subject vital to the Broads.

Our Moderators are those senior members whose wise council has become respected by all but there is nothing to say that they cannot express their own opinions. Indeed their opinions, when given, carry a lot of weight.

This is why I could never be a moderator. That would be "the poacher turned game-keeper"!

So is it possible that if a moderator doesn't agree with what you say, their opinions carry a lot more weight than what we say and may be subject for approval?

MM, point taken about some of the Broads rather than all thank you.

JM, I understand it would be difficult to do right now (cost of decent batteries, not enough charging points etc) but we should reduce emissions shouldn’t we? That doesn’t have to mean loss of use / fun etc does it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So is it possible that if a moderator doesn't agree with what you say, their opinions carry a lot more weight than what we say and may be subject for approval?

No.

It just means that all moderators are equal, but some are more equal than others.

• Like 1

generally no, but only when you think they dont have the right to an opinion - in that case certainly:default_biggrin::default_smiley-angelic002:

• Like 1