Pacific Cruisers-vista

Wonderwall

Apologies if this information is already in the archives, but it appears Pacific cruisers have a new boat called Vista. It has the look of an Alpha cruiser , am I correct in this assumption?

It looks a lovely boat but is the top end of their price list by a bit. Or, as usual , am I just talking no sense :default_dunce:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Neil

Yes it has been mentioned on another thread, Ex Alpha Boats to enter BB Fleet (please do keep up lol). It would seem Pacific have purchased Vista

Ray (Boatingman) mentioned how nice Fiona and Richard are as you probably know. How great it is to hear of a smaller yard expanding their fleet, I hope she hires well for them

You never talk no sense Neil, unless you're going on about the Hibs of course :default_norty:

Grace

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Interesting news. Checked out the website. I see it's a 44 foot long cruiser. Just imagine if it's your first ever hire and you have a boat that size to navigate up the Chet before you do anything else!!

At least the posts at the beginning of the Chet might be gone by then!

• Like 1

I mentioned it in the thread  Gracie mentioned but it is nice to have a separate thread for it.

We are booked for a weekend from Herbert Woods next May and I was looking for another boat to hire some time during one of the school holidays. Whilst I have no worries about the passage from North to South, it takes a long time and is time critical so to my mind it makes sense to hire on the southern rivers if you want to visit southern "ports"

Given the lack of yards hiring in the south, Pacific Cruisers looks very appealing and I would hope that their business is thriving. "Vista" is too big for 4 of us but "Star" would be perfect for us as we can have the double in the bows and the children can have a cabin each in the stern.

I have often wondered why one of the big yards in the north, doesn't have a second base in the south, it would open up the possibility of offering "one way" cruises.

What does everyone else think?

David

• Like 3

I don't think you will go far wrong with Pacific, Davy, although ashamed to admit we've never hired from them I have heard nothing put praise from Ray and Neil, a proper nice little outfit and definitely on my to do list

I'm not sure the yards that are left in the South would be too happy with one of the biggies from the North opening up shop though lol

It doesn't really bother us cruising from North to South or vice versa, we love to cruise but I do get your point about time being critical on a weeks holiday. The solution of course is to save up loads of pennies and have two weeks, or two holidays, one South and one North, sorted :default_wink:

Grace

• Like 4

Ah, now Gracie, you have hit the nail on the head, two holidays, one North and one South!

It doesn't bother me to go from North to South, but at the moment, we are tied to school holidays so we can't pick a week when the tides are at a convenient time and the summer holiday period is just too expensive for me and to be honest, I also prefer it when it is a little quieter, also, with children, I think it is important to get a good balance of time cruising and time ashore.

I wasn't suggesting that that one of the big yards should open up "down south" just surprised that they haven't, there seems to be such an imbalance between North and South. 

• Like 2

pacific cruisers were a good experience for me , and I plan a week on them in July hopefully. Just awaiting the word from my daughter who is now at uni and "might have a better offer apparently" though goodness knows what that could be???:default_crying1animated::default_biggrin: Clubbing it on some sun drenched island , with the hunks and beauties of youth is a poor second if you ask me!!!!, also as I point out to her, the bank of Dad doesn't operate in such places :default_cool: ( I aint half getting old :default_blink:)  But with age comes wisdom , and she should listen to her old man.:default_biggrin:

I must admit, the stretch between stracey and reedham aint the prettiest and I prefer toddling around all the other gems above and below. Cruising north to South is for a 10 day break at the least for me. That said , there is for sure worse things to spend 5 hours doing .

Better get some work done , or my holidays will spent doing the garden!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yes, really good to see Pacific still thriving and expanding. I've been with them twice (Moonlight and Emerald) but not since 2006 only because I'm probably overly price-sensitive so I've ended up being loyal to Richardsons when it would be good to have a South start for a change. Loddon is one of my favourite South Broads spots and a lovely place to start a holiday. 

Vista should be a good purchase for them I think, I hope it let's well. I assume they're geared up to do the work the boat will inevitably need to bring it up to scratch. I know Bridge Craft had a lot of work with their ex-Alphas. 

• Like 2

We usually use Maffetts, but due to them pulling out of hiring this year we have booked Pacific Breeze next May on Lynda’s recommendation. Looking forward to it. It will be Max’s first trip on the Broads. Photo of Max for cuteness value and yes that is my post!

BEC6E95B-85EF-437D-86B5-1232469E2E48.jpeg

• Like 3