Ropes Come Loose

Hylander

Isn't there a guy called Dave who runs the Marina? I'd have thought he would re-secure the boat or at least know who the owner is. 

As JM says though, remember the boy scout training! Good knots are key. 

A worry though if the owner is a long way off. 

I think you will find that he was passing.      What is the matter with people so quick to judge and put down, not a nice trait at all on here from time to time.  Would you rather he ignored the boat as it was.      Folk do not like people touching their pride and joy without permission and best not to go to the boat but report as he did.     We moored at Broadsedge for donkey's years and have often seen strangers even down by the pump out station and even having a pump out.   As for Facebook well you know what I think of that evil place.

• Like 3

If anyone ever sees my boat untied, even by one rope, please feel free to secure it again, the damage to mine and other boats could be expensive it it managed to drift away.

Mind you, I do try to moor up with as much expertise as I have-it comes from people who keep telling me to "Get Kn......"

• Like 3

Actually since he knew exactly where it was it begs the question why didn't he report it to the yard ? He's a phone and that's all it needed to get it sorted , taking a photo n putting it on FB helps no one :71_smiling_imp: he's not looking for a mooring either to my knowledge his boat is on land already 

Quite right Ricardo and as he is well known for overstaying on public moorings and making a living out of YouTube sometimes with posed stunts I have to agree with those who query his presence there, Hylander can I respectfully suggest you don't look at everyone with rose tinted spectacles .

Fred

18 minutes ago, rightsaidfred said:

Quite right Ricardo and as he is well known for overstaying on public moorings and making a living out of YouTube sometimes with posed stunts I have to agree with those who query his presence there, Hylander can I respectfully suggest you don't look at everyone with rose tinted spectacles .

Fred

Well if that is a fault then next time I read of someone's boat in trouble I will ignore it.