Glorious Norfolk Morning

grendel

As I  sit here in a glorious Norfolk campsite waiting for my kettle to boil on my woodburning stove, listening to   the dawn chorus and our Chairpersons early morning snores, I can report that its a glorious morning here, the sky is blue, the sun is peeping through the early morning mist, and all is good with the world. We shared our campfire with Maurice Minor last night and mardled into the night, putting the world to rights.

I can report that the o2 internet hotspot is working here, but I dont expect to be able to get online a lot this weekend as a busy weekend is planned.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

You know Grendel, I just picked up my phone to post just like you did, what a glorious morning, you beat me to it. 

Sometimes you just have to take a moment, a step back from the noise and haste, and realise how fortunate you are. 

20180714_063641.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, chrisdobson45 said:

Glorious and cool at 5.30am this morning in rural Nottinghamshire but very envious of you all in Norfolk. In two weeks time we hope to be waking up to a fabulous Norfolk morning (knowing my luck it'll be raining....)

It won't rain. We will still be there. It never rains when we are in Norfolk. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, grendel said:

As I  sit here in a glorious Norfolk campsite waiting for my kettle to boil on my woodburning stove, listening to   the dawn chorus and our Chairpersons early morning snores, I can report that its a glorious morning here, the sky is blue, the sun is peeping through the early morning mist, and all is good with the world.

You do realise Grendel with a post like this, pictures are a must!

• Haha 1

If anyone wants to know where all the young families are on the broads, then they only have to look on the campsites, my guess is that the costs are lower than hiring a boat, and that the younger families have less disposable income.

Well that and the fun of camping.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, grendel said:

If anyone wants to know where all the young families are on the broads, then they only have to look on the campsites, my guess is that the costs are lower than hiring a boat, and that the younger families have less disposable income.

He's right you know! Over the last two years, I've spent 'tramping' I've noticed that the campsites are very busy indeed. Talking to many of my fellow campers, there are quite a few of them...brace yourselves...that didn't even realise that the Broads were there! The Hickling site does it's bit though, with an OS map of the Broads on display as well as copies of the Broadcaster, NBN stickers and various guidebooks.

31 minutes ago, grendel said:

If the weather stays as beautiful, as it has been for the couple of months, the campsites are going to have a bumper year. There's no better holiday, for young families, than living under canvas. Spending all day running around in the open air, living close to the natural world, exploring new places. The Norfolk/Suffolk area has some wonderful campsites too, by the beaches, broads or in the open countryside. I first came under the spell of the Norfolk Broads, on a camping holiday in my early teens, in the late 1960's and have been coming back regularly ever since... :11_blush: