Hello

Vik

I am looking for some help and advice

I am in a proces of buying a 50ft boat to liveaboard does anyone know of a frienly place where i would be able to moore it full time with facilities for a caravan . Location to be preferably in norfolk closer to brandon and bury st Edmunds  

Kind regards

Violeta

• Like 1

Hello Violeta - welcome to the forum. Sounds like you need somewhere on the River Waveney or Oulton Broad. I believe the Waveney River Centre has residential moorings but not sure if the caravan would be accepted. 50ft might be a problem too, probably most places but you never know. 

Tingdene at Oulton Broad but I suspect that they will want to sell you a nice new, and expensive, caravan. Beyond that the Waveney River Centre at Burgh St Peter may be able to help you with a mooring but maybe not the caravan. In any case caravans aren't much encouraged by our esteemed local planners.  I'm afraid that as far as the Broads is concerned that you are looking for the proverbial rocking horse dung!  Brundall might also come up trumps with a mooring but the caravan will be a no-no. No one has mentioned Southwold but there is a caravan site very near to the moorings but in both cases I suspect that there is a long waiting list. If you can dump the idea of a caravan then Lowestoft Harbour might well welcome you. As for being close to Brandon, umm, unlikely but Ipswich is well served by marinas and is nearer to BSE than the Broads.

Hi and welcome to the forum, as previously mentioned the Ouse  being on the doorstep of Brandon so to speak would probably be your best bet, not sure about their rules on residential moorings but probably as restrictive as the Broads, how far have you gone towards the purchase of this boat, can you hold off buying until you have secured a mooring ? Anyway, good luck and hope you find what you are looking for.

• Like 1

Hi Violeta and welcome. As already mentioned, you could try WRC as James recently gained planning permission for residential moorings. It's possible they may be able to help if the caravan is only to be stored.

I would suggest you contact the Residential Boat Owners Association for advice. I would contact the secretary as I'm not sure if their reps phone number is correct.

I would definitely find the mooring before buying a boat. If you decide on the Norfolk Broads then a 30-35ft boat (broad beam) would be better suited to the moorings here. Narrow boats are not very popular here.

Very best of luck with your search and don't hesitate in asking more questions as there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

Colin :default_winko:

p.s. Ruth and I have lived aboard for the last 18 years. Plan it properly and you will have no regrets.

HAPPY NEWYEAR

https://www.rboa.org.uk

• Like 1